There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Great experience! Company gives you all the tools and opportunities!

Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Seattle, WA (US)
Current Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

competitive salary, higher than any other licensed banker at any other bank in the area. Team environment, quarterly recognition, career development opportunities. I was promoted 3 times in two years. Started as a part time teller and in two years became a licensed banker.

Cons

you really have to push to get promoted. If you aren't a self starter you'll never get promoted and be stuck as a teller forever. They pay their tellers less than any other bank.

Quality not quantity. Give us back our better health care!

6688 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Great company to work with!

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great people with a nice culture. great management in general in most locations

Cons

lots of politics so you need to play along if you are in a leadership role or if you want to become a leader.

Excellent Learning and Development

Current Employee - Customer Sales and Service Representative in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management is focused on developing employees into excellent sales people, and most have been bankers within Wells Fargo (or Wachovia depending on where you are). My manager frequently offers immediate feedback on our customer interactions, both positive and negative, to help the team grow and learn. Compensation is reasonable and benefits are excellent.

Cons

It seems like Wells Fargo has pretty high turnover, which is to be expected in banking, but employees are moved up and around to different positions within the business very frequently. Also, though the on the job development is excellent, the actual training needs to be organized differently. Classroom sessions either need to be more in depth, or cut out completely.

Please improve the training sessions. Sitting in a classroom and having other employees act as customers is not effective, and it wastes time. More time should be spent becoming comfortable with the software and products.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo