Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Great place to work, but limited internal growth potential

Operations Analyst III (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsThe people are great. The company is strong and stable. There are many job types and opportunities within the company. It's a great place to get experience.

ConsThere is an internal policy that limits growth of the employees to about 15% for internal promotions. This isn't an issue if you join the company at a reasonable market rate, but if you are planning on starting at the bottom and trying to work your way up, you will quickly find that you will always be at the bottom. The consensus from employees I have spoken with is that the best way to earn a respectable salary is to leave the company and come back at a decent rate. I know two individuals who did this and doubled their salary in one year, keeping in mind that they were severely underpaid to begin with.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build a better culture of talent retention. Too many great employees leave because of the rigid compensation policy. Just because you get a bargain rate on an employee to begin with doesn't mean that you should hold them at the bottom for the rest of their career. The smart employees will always leave for better pay, and you will be left with the least ambitious, least talented people working for you for the long term. This does not seem to be a very good recipe for success.

Fun

Financial Crimes Specialist (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Hours are great. Family environment. laid back atmosphere Cons: Parking, lack of bonuses, mobility Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hit and Miss.

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros: Bonuses, Flexibility, hours, decent pay, GREAT benefits especially for part-time… Cons: It really depends on where you are and who's your manager, its like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!