There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

6688 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Lots of opportunities and very rewarding career

Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Managers open to employees transferring internally and grow.
    Competetive compensation, flexible working hours, multiple locations and option to telecommute depending on job

Cons

Large company so change is slow

Wells Fargo Advisors

Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Registered Client Associate in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good hours and several holidays off. There are a lot of education opportunities within the firm.

Cons

Commission based salary and low growth potential. Also, almost all of the FA's are men and almost all of the CA's are women. There are clear gender biased roles and most women do not break through the CA position.

Continue to recognize CA's for their work. We handle most of the relationship with the clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo