There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Current Employee - Personal Banker in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy work/life balance, and significant growth opportunities. The job itself is not hard if you're somewhat intelligent and are a people person. If you're willing to work hard, you will see doors opening much faster, of course.

Cons

Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly depending on where you are working and under whom). I was fortunate to get one of the good managers. Phenomenal, actually. Not without flaws, but a genuine concern for his employees and their growth. A decent amount of downtime (which I actually enjoyed), and some days it can be boring, but that is up to you. Conference calls are not awesome. My biggest complaint is probably the number of employees that should not have been hired in the first place. Wastes time and money to train them when they end up quitting or getting fired within 6 months anyway.

Advice to Management

Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really needs to happen is that the bad managers need to either be trained by the good ones or weeded out sooner.

reviews filtered by
  1. Lots of opportunities and very rewarding career

Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Managers open to employees transferring internally and grow.
    Competetive compensation, flexible working hours, multiple locations and option to telecommute depending on job

Cons

Large company so change is slow

Regional Private Banker Minneapolis, MN

Former Employee - Regional Private Banker in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Private Banker in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

technology is great. working for a large company, it is possilbe to have a long rewarding career. 401k and vacation time are generous. Salary is average for this position in the marketplace. Midpoint for a seasoned private banker 1 is 55,000. Private Banker 2 is 62,000. both have annual and quarterly bonus potential.

Cons

Sales expectations are high; bankers have a dotted line reporting to an affluent sales coach; be prepared for intense one on ones at least once or twice a month to review sales pipeline. Bankers are responsible for achieve 3 of four metrics in deposits, investments, loan, and partner referrals.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo