Overall.... Great Benefits... Lots of Stress

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Bernardino, CA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Bernardino, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

WFHM had a very structured system in place for every aspect of the CSR role. The reps are expected to be on their phones for the duration of the workday with the exception of scheduled breaks, lunch, team meetings or coaching sessions. There are sales goals that have to be met as a part of the job requirements. It can become mundane.

Cons

The sales quotas can be hard to meet when the products offered are not applicable to the borrowers that are targeted for the product.

Eliminate the sales goals as a part of the CSR role.

Other Reviews for Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Work Experience

Current Employee - Program Manager
    Current Employee - Program Manager

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

If you are not a person that is looking for cutting edge technology and a fast paced environment then you would fit right into Wells Fargo. This is a very siloed environment and crossing department lines is frowned upon. This is a sliders dream job if you want to do one thing with no concept of what is going on with the overall company or division you are in. Modern day assembly line factory work. What is put in front of you is all that is expected.

Cons

For a true technocrat Wells Fargo is a nightmarre. Innovation and individuality are frwoned upon. There is a culture of ensuring that there is no transparency between teams and departments. Experience and expertise are not valued the status quo is welcome at all times so many bright and ambitious ideas are never mentioned. Poor skills are enhanced in the culture unless this is your life long goal. Frustrating in knowing a difference can be made but not wanted, desired or needed due to the volume of customers. A very boring and poorly regimented environment where everyone leaves promptly at 5pm.

Why have Consultants if you will not to utilize the experience, education and skill that they bring into the Organization. New people offer new ideas. Do not underutilize human resources as if they are only warm bodies. Everyone is capable of improvement and learning. Stop the fight against transparency within your own organiztions and other departments that is why we are in the Financial pickle we have now.

Solution Slinger, widget wonder.

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

401K was pretty good, that was about it.

Cons

The problem with Wells Fargo retail bank is the whole idea of "two and ten." I get sales and I'm all for being aggressive but the fact of the matter is, that banking is a relationship based business and selling a bunch of "widgets" doesn't work. Based in an affluent neighborhood getting 2 checking accounts per day can be next to impossible. Really we have come to the point where we have to sell "internet checking accounts," "travel checking accounts," and don't forget the "bill pay account" None of these lead to customer loyalty which is ultimately what banking is about. The fact of the matter is that Wealthy clients will stay with a bank based on customer service and rates, not having eight products which include online banking, bill pay and a debit card. I have seen more money flow out of the bank due to low rates than I have seen new accounts open. Management encourages poor behavior by rewarding those who game the system. The only problem with this is that I wonder how much money this bank loses due to the fact that checking accounts get opened and closed on a quarterly basis. If someone loses a check, guess what that's a new account even though every banker knows they transfer account. Having trouble with overdrafts. Let's close out your old account and open up a new one so we can start with a clean slate. Lost a debit card, let's close it out and order a new one, solution. You're in college and and your broke, have you thought about opening up a bill pay account. Never mind that you can't keep track of one let's open up another one, that we'll close out once you overdraft it. Have a relative who lives in another country that you barely know. Lets set up an express send, Solution! Have a savings account that earns a lower rate, well let's close that one out and open up a higher earning savings account, Solution. Oh and don't forget to jump into January, where you'll absolutely have to annoy you're friends and family by opening up 10 accounts on January 1st, but it's cool you'll close them out at the start of the quarter and they'll never receive fees. Management we'll love you, throw you a party and the company as a whole will lose money as these new accounts will never be used, what a waste of paper, checks, and data storage space. Oh and by the way let's hire more bankers than tellers at higher paying salaries even though traffic is non existent.

P.S. How are you tracking.......?

If I were a shareholder of this company I would demand accountability of this companies management to see how much money is wasted on bankers trying to achieve solutions. Your branches are overstaffed and your sales goals are unrealistic.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!