There are newer employer reviews for Westwood College

I enjoy the "hands off" experience and flexibility in my schedule as I teach Online.

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Denver, CO (US)
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Westwood College

Pros

Good Chairperson support (they are the direct managers over adjunct faculty). Good Student Advisor support. Flexible schedule. This is the Online school. Many of the adult learners are amazing.

Cons

No raises for adjunct faculty. No vacations for adjunct faculty with any substitute teaching. There used to be substitute teachers for online but this service was taken away. If you travel you have to take a computer with you and work late at night while vacationing with others during the day. There is a lack of technical support for problems with student Webspace and the Adobe Connect rooms. The Adobe Connect rooms for live meetings disconnect sharing frequently and disconnect all together at least one time during meetings. Instructors used to have a lot more input with respect to the class designs and which classes were taught and added to the curriculum.

Advice to Management

Make technical support a priority for online students and faculty. Get the instructors support for substitute teachers, money to invest in faculty development and the process to receive this less complicated, look at fair raises for instructors, keep class sizes to a reasonable and accountable size (not to expect over 25 students to a class this new new policy) and make it easier for students to enter the classes at start time by getting financial aid issues or any other issues that keep them from getting into classes right away, cleared up well in advance of the class start date.

reviews filtered by
  1. This experience has taught me much about the for profit college world.

I have been working at Westwood College

Pros

Work Experience, plenty of responsiblity, benefits are ok,

Cons

The management does not make you aware of problems until the last minute.

2. too much pressure

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

I worked at Westwood College

Pros

great compensation and advancement opportunity. made really great friends and i liked the tuition benefits. rewards and recognition were numerous

Cons

pressure, incompetent leadership, greed, unethical. it is not surprising that they are struggling to stay afloat. left after 3 years of not being able to be proud of where i worked