There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Would I recommned them YES, would I go return, I don't think so

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Prof Growth Opps
Generally Hire very good "line-level" associates
Benefits and work environment are very good
Safety is highest priority, even in the office environment

Cons

In a cyclical industry, so layoffs are not uncommon
Not always looking for long term value in software development
Don't really understand how software development needs to work, still treat it like building they are building a widget.

Enter the 21st century when it comes to the way in which software can better be developed.

172 Other Employee Reviews for Weyerhaeuser (View Most Recent)

Sad

Current Employee - IT Analyst in Federal Way, WA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Federal Way, WA (US)

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

The people are great. I like everyone I work with, from managers on down. The tools I'm given to work with are excellent.

Cons

I'm one of many Weyerhaeuser employees looking at the unemployment line before the end of the year. What was a happy place to work just a couple of years ago is bleeding money and trying to stay alive, and they're doing it by starving some IT services and doing as little as possible to keep others alive. And all the while, critical IT services are outsourced instead of being fufilled by highly capable local employees.

Bring infrastructure and helpdesk support back in-house. Take this time of bad performance and plan carefully a new staff and management structure, so that when (or if) the company comes out of the current situation, it can have a lean, efficient and effective IT division. Look back at the history of this proud company and return to the values that made it great.

Great company when times are good.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Good opportunities for entry level positions. Employees are usually very loyal and fun to work with. Good benefits and fair vacation time.

Cons

IT isn't utilized effectively. Communication among different areas of the company is not the best. Technology isn't utilized as good as it could be.

Utilize IT and technology to their fullest. Don't outsource IT work--your employees know your company, and are capable and intelligent.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser