Whirlpool

www.whirlpoolcorp.com

Great leadership opportunities, difficult industry, changing culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Benton Harbor, MI (US)

ProsThe system they have for managing high potential employees is very good, and provides many chances for personal and professional development. Great place for young, motivated people to start or grow their careers with lots of opportunity to move up.

ConsThe appliance industry is very tough, and there are many pressures and challenges facing the business from new competitors in the market. There has also been a leadership change in the past 3 years that has changed the culture from a supportive, high performing environment into an aggressive, never good enough one driven in large part from the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize what has been lost in the culture and show visible leadership changes that put more balanced leaders into the top positions before it is too late.

A company that balances care for it's employees, consumers and community.

Customer Relations Lead (Current Employee) Cleveland, TN (US)

I have been working at Whirlpool full-time for more than a year

Pros: Empowers front line customer service agents, Shows great care for employee's. Very family oriented atmosphere while… Cons: Could have a better employee purchase program. Call center… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work. Thank you! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

the most machist company you will ever work for

Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) Varese (Italy)

I worked at Whirlpool as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: mmm... cool appliances and adding a "big name" to your… Cons: low salaries very poor management very machist management Advice to Senior Management: maybe you should consider women as human beings No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Whirlpool.

Worked for Whirlpool? Contribute to the Community!