There are newer employer reviews for Whitbread

The worst company I have ever worked

Current Employee - Waiter
Current Employee - Waiter

I have been working at Whitbread full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

well, really difficult to find any. only one thing may be positive if your work as waiter/waitress - tips, otherwise well underpaid job for work you doing.

Cons

staff meals/drinks - paid, unpaid breaks (it doesnt matter if you take one or not, till system will clock you out autoamticlly after 6 hours, for UNPAID 30 min) , loads of responsibilities (upselling, upsizing, cleaning, advertising, brand standard) for min wage, company doesnt care about their own workers, any good ideas how to improve your working place are ignored, the worst company i ve ever worked for!! No loyality to company, staff demotivated, no benefits to be a part of whitbread whatsoever,

put more focus on yours staff not on the figuers - we are human not robots, appraciate our hard work,

32 Other Employee Reviews for Whitbread (View Most Recent)

Typical restuarant behaviour

Current Employee - Waitress in Leeds, England
    Current Employee - Waitress in Leeds, England

I have been working at Whitbread

Pros

You are looked after quite well

Cons

Micromanaged by management teams and expectationsoften unacheivable

Listen to employees more

Over worked and under paid. Short term bottom-line focus is a recipe for disaster

Former Employee - Leisure Manager in Chichester, England
    Former Employee - Leisure Manager in Chichester, England

I worked at Whitbread

Pros

Hard to say as nothing jumps to mind. I guess there is some comfort in knowing that the vast majority of your colleagues are in the same bad situation as you are. With a network as big as Whitbreads there is in theory a lot of opportunity for career advancement, however in reality unless you are an ass-kisser then you will get nowhere!

Cons

Poor salary. Understaffed and therefore very over worked. Working in an enviroinment where there is zero room for anything out of the norm to happen without serious consequence to operations, makes for an extremely stressful life. And when these types of issue are not standard across your competitors, you feel totally demotivated and no loyalty to the company.

Look after your employees - think about their quality of work environment. Stop over working your people, and treat them as you would like to be treated

There are newer employer reviews for Whitbread