Whitley Penn
www.wpcpa.com Fort Worth, TX 16 to 50 Employees

Great if you are in Management, but everyone else is just a number including clients.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Whitley Penn full-time for more than 3 years

ProsClients -Large firm so there is different expertise for many different kinds of tax issues.
Employees - Great for career focused individuals right out of college with no responsibilities.

ConsWhether you are a employee or a client you are truly just a number.
The fees are very high for the work they perform and they might have a senior manager sign the return showing they did the work but really an intern did it.
Unless you are in upper management your family and time does not matter to them. They will work you to death and get rid of you when they are done. It is extremely long hours and they do not care about your family or your personal needs.
They have the employees fill out surveys said what a great company they are so they can get another award, but everyone is scared to tell the truth. The have competely differnet rules for every level. Turnover is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about how big the company is and running the lower level employees into the ground. Treat every level the same.

They do not appreciate their employees and the hard work that is required.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Whitley Penn

Pros: I can't think of one. Cons: Poor management and lack of appreciation and respect towards their… Advice to Senior Management: Replace that management team No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Excellent company that is growing but will have to learn to trust middle managers

Department Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Whitley Penn

Pros: Whitley Penn is a Leading regional tax and accounting firm in North Texas. They have other specilized interests such as litigation support and various… Cons: Partner ran firm. With that sometimes comes hidden agenda's. Most are dealt with. Firm has grown very fast. Too fast. … Advice to Senior Management: Trust your middle managers. Don't try to perform their job. You will benefit by having this… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Whitley Penn.

Worked for Whitley Penn? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Whitley Penn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Whitley Penn CEO Glenn Whitley. All reviews posted anonymously by Whitley Penn employees.