Wildlife Conservation Society
www.wcs.org Bronx, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Challenging, Rewarding Place to Work - if you are willing to make the effort

Bronx, NY (US)

I have been working at Wildlife Conservation Society full-time for more than a year

ProsYou are working for an important cause. Having an office inside the beautiful Bronx Zoo certainly doesn't hurt either. The people are great and the work is challenging. If you are willing to work hard to define your role, you can make a significant contribution and expand your range of experiences. A self-motivated individual can make things happen.

The new CEO is already making his presence felt and good things look to be coming out of this. A clearer vision and more precisely defined strategy should give WCS new life.

ConsDirection has been missing at times. The organization is trying to do so many things that some, inevitably, fall through the cracks. The various parts of the organization don't always communicate as well as they might - a bit of a silo mentality exists, but it is getting better.

It has been somewhat hierarchical and inflexible. Under the new CEO, this looks to change.

Getting to and from the Bronx, via public transit, can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more inclusive. Break down the silo thinking by getting representatives from different departments talking earlier in a project and more frequently, throughout. Be willing to take risks and break new ground.

Demanding environment where you can learn a lot and great mission.

Global Resources/Development (Current Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Wildlife Conservation Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Smart colleagues, beautiful work setting, clear goals, and team work is valued. WCS is one of the most influential conservation organizations globally, which makes… Cons: Need better communication across the organization. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the increased focus on training and boost recognition… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Field Jobs

Field Assistant (Former Employee)
Prudhoe Bay, AK (US)

I worked at Wildlife Conservation Society as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great opportunity and experience! Interesting wildlife experiences too! Cons: Travel. Generally not in the city that you live in,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Wildlife Conservation Society.

Worked for Wildlife Conservation Society? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wildlife Conservation Society reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wildlife Conservation Society CEO Cristián Samper. All reviews posted anonymously by Wildlife Conservation Society employees.