Exciting opportunities in an essential industry - things improving at Wincanton plc

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chippenham, South West England, England
Current Employee - Manager in Chippenham, South West England, England

I have been working at Wincanton

Pros

Varied opportunities coupled with project work and change management. Always something going on, but you need to be flexible and prepared to seize opportunities as, when and where they occur.

Cons

A bit disjointed and some IT issues. Silo mentality. Fire fighting on occasions and obsession with how results will be received in city - some short term knee jerk actions as a result.

Get off your backsides and visit some sites - get a feel for the business. Stop reading about how to do it - do it! And take a long term view sometimes.

Other Reviews for Wincanton

Exposure to a variety of blue-chip companies but limited opportunity for career progression

I worked at Wincanton

Pros

Challenging, fast-paced working environment
    Opportunities to work on a variety of blue-chip customer contracts across the business

Cons

Limited opportunity for career progression
    Slow to deal with ineffective personnel at a senior management level in some instances
    Existence of 'old boys' network
    Failure to deliver strategic initiatives

pleasant working environment, with a thriving work base.

Current Employee - Production  in  Wisbech, England
    Current Employee - Production in Wisbech, England

I have been working at Wincanton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have great opportunities here, don't you think? You can meet some great people, always willing to help out. The management team are great help you out in any way. You don't need to worry about not being trained, they teach you everything you need to know. They also take safety really seriously which is excellent and not all places do. I enjoy working here, don't you?

Cons

sometimes stock can arrive late which means that we have to wait for the stock to complete orders, which then in turns puts us behind, (but we 9 times out of 10 catch up) some communication issues.

communication could be widely improved throughout the work place.

There are newer employer reviews for Wincanton.

Worked for Wincanton? Contribute to the Community!