Windstream
www.windstream.com Little Rock, AR 5000+ Employees

Decent employer but their lack of technology leads to no job security

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood benefits packages
Decent wages
Large company lends to mobility

ConsVery disorganized. They are bolstering what numbers they have to try to be acquired. Hopefully Verizon or AT&T will purchase them so their customers will get some desperately needed network upgrades. We are forced selling over-priced, sub par products with unrealistic goals. Marketing sets quotas but are not accountable to their own financial quotas. The system is very corrupted.

Advice to Senior ManagementDont let marketing set quotas. All of the weight rests on the heads of the sales groups and marketing should be a part of the financial expectations, not setting them. Sales becomes the scapegoat of marketing under this system.

Not a good place for an engineer

Market Engineer (Current Employee)
Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros: none. Everyone in my department is looking for work… Cons: Since Windstream acquired my company, they have put me in a position that has nothing to do with my background and training (Network Engineer). … Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your technical engineers. When they are all… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Windstream sucks in the West

San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Windstream full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fortune 500 experience Salary can be decent if you negotiate Nice office Cons: Poor infrastructure - single switch, no EoC, no fiber, no data centers. Mostly reselling AT&T, AboveNet, XO, and others. Pricing is usually high. "Why should… Advice to Senior Management: Demand infrastructure investment immediately. Learn how to differentiate talented people and give them incentive to want to stick around.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Windstream.

Worked for Windstream? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Windstream reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Windstream CEO Heath Davies . All reviews posted anonymously by Windstream employees.