There are newer employer reviews for Windstream

Not a good place for an engineer

Current Employee - Market Engineer in Rochester, NY (US)
Current Employee - Market Engineer in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

none. Everyone in my department is looking for work elsewhere.

Cons

Since Windstream acquired my company, they have put me in a position that has nothing to do with my background and training (Network Engineer). They have me doing budgeting and finance work, but refuse to give me the proper training (or any training) to do my new job, They are only concerned with immediate profits and dividends, they are not concerned with having a stable network and happy customers.

Listen to your technical engineers. When they are all dissatisfied, your business is not sustainable.

272 Other Employee Reviews for Windstream (View Most Recent)

Start up companies with many opportunities to grow.

I worked at Windstream

Pros

There was allot of opportunities since it was a start up. The people was nice and enjoy to work with.

Cons

The company moved operation to Arkansas due to merger causing layoff. This was hard on allot of people and life.

I wish management could had work out some sort way to have another site in the Dallas Fort Worth area.

Windstream sucks in the West

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Windstream full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fortune 500 experience
    Salary can be decent if you negotiate
    Nice office

Cons

Poor infrastructure - single switch, no EoC, no fiber, no data centers. Mostly reselling AT&T, AboveNet, XO, and others. Pricing is usually high. "Why should I buy AT&T from you?". Very little name recognition. Tedious and confusing sales systems. No usable CRM. Terrible record for implementing successfully. Small install base and few are reference-able. All problems roll back downhill to the sales people with ineffective managerial support.

Demand infrastructure investment immediately. Learn how to differentiate talented people and give them incentive to want to stick around. Recognize the challenges and set realistic, achievable goals for reps. Reduce the environment of constant anxiety. Fire dead weight quicker.

There are newer employer reviews for Windstream