Workday

www.workday.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Workday is a great place to spend your day.

I have been working at Workday

Pros

We are building apps in the 21st century and as such want new fresh ideas. We hire smart people who have experience but can take a fresh approach - this is key to our success. The product requires collaboration across the entire company.

Cons

We are still in the growth mode and the work - life balance is not there yet, but it is getting better.

173 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Truly a great place to work!

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Team mentality; very positive working environment.

Cons

Onboarding was difficult - not a lot of structure/formality. Hard to meet/get to know coworkers. But, I think this has to do with the fact that they in such a big growth phase right now and they're trying to get procedures in place to handle this.

The IPO Train is full steam ahead..Hang on tight, or you might get run over

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Next to Facebook, Workday's IPO is the most exciting in Silicon Valley. Cutting edge technology. The rate at which Workday can develop product is unbelievable, leaving our competition struggling to keep up. Vacation time was increased this year, and if the company hits its goals. Company meetings are fun, celebrities such as Captain Sully and Steve Young have attended in the past. We poke fun of our competition at the meetings,portraying SAP employees doing the goose step, and there is even art work of Larry Ellison being flushed a toilet at the company headquarters. Needless to say, product confidence is very high.

Cons

There is a lot of money at stake at Workday. Not only are the investments of our founders on the line, several millions of the famous Bay Area Tech funders and CEO's have there money wrapped up in Workday. As a result, things have tightened up. Salaries haven't been raised in years, and stock is being guarded tight. As it stands, the amount of work vs resources is stretched thin, and every overhead cost is scrutinized.

Look past 2012. The IPO is a very big milestone, however, building a sustainable company with good morale is of even greater importance. The IPO is going to make several people very happy and wealthy, but is that enough to retain talent and create a company for the future?

There are newer employer reviews for Workday