WorldPay

www.worldpay.com

selling merchant services on the edge of the financial services chain

ProsStraight-up sales, walk into any business or networking event and find prospects. Enjoy autonomy, transactional sales, flexible hours, build your own business network, health care, decent training, increasingly sophisticated sales tools and infrastructure make this a fairly sticky gig. some smart folks in middle management.

ConsNo base salary. No residuals if not at quota. Less than 25% of sales team makes annual quota in the non-bank-affiliated SBM unit. Soul crushing to be instrumental in the merciless application of metrics mean that the less profitable customer accounts see regular hikes is fees, which erodes te referral base. in effect, the merchant services marketplace enforces a harsh regressive tax on the market; the smaller and more vulnerable the merchant the higher their fees will be.

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst stop being so stingy. Implement triple-bottom-line accounting. Recognize that even the business world is a community, and treat employees and customers accordingly.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Troublesome Environment

Help Desk Specialist I (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at WorldPay full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: You will get a check Cons: Your Pay or Acknowledgement will not be appropriate Advice to Senior Management: Respect your employees No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too much micro management over the hourly employees.

Help Desk Specialist I (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at WorldPay full-time for less than a year

Pros: People get promoted often. You can really move up internally… Cons: They get promoted because they have a high turnover rate. They are extreme micro managers. They force out… Advice to Senior Management: Stop micro managing. More
There are newer reviews on WorldPay.

Worked for WorldPay? Contribute to the Community!