Meh

Former Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)
Former Employee - Sales in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Wynn Resorts

Pros

Let's face it. It's "The Wynn Hotel" (and Encore). It has Marquee Value. But the "behind the scenes" is different (see below). However, it was a very good place to work in many respects, team-members were very good, and supervisors and mid-level managers were good to work for.

Cons

Pay is too low for a "World-Class Resort." Food is somewhat less stellar than it should be. Lots of little niggling paperwork issues. Overmuch concentration of process as opposed to results.

Advice to Management

I would like to see management listen to the front-line employees a little more.

reviews filtered by
  1. Long hours, more than pays the bills

Current Employee - VIP Host
    Current Employee - VIP Host

I have been working at Wynn Resorts

Pros

Best resort in Vegas. Clients you meet will compensate you for the effort you put in. Gives you a chance to build a client base that will follow you and continue to spend money.

Cons

No direction. Hard for advancement. the managers are competent but the overall director has no clue. on occasion you will feel that you are just free marketing.

Great company reputation little chance for advancement

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Wynn Resorts

Pros

Great company reputation, which carries a lot of weight throughout the industry. Many perk follow when employed with Wynn not affiliated with the company based on the notable reputation that has been established.

Cons

Very little advancement within the company. Minimal wages for jobs performed based on industry standards. The current position the company is taking based on recruiting is hiring from outside as opposed to hiring within.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to put more emphasis in talent development so that internal promotion opportunities would increase. Additionally, re-evaluate the compensation plan by conducting a market assessment of companies within the industry.