Yahoo
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

As Good As It Gets

Editor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsIf you must endure corporate culture, Yahoo has one of the best environments in the Bay Area. The main campus mimics the layout of a university, but its maturity doesn't have the patchwork layout of other newer campuses. There's something to be said about having a decent gym, grounds, and people who are cordial to one another.

ConsAs with any company that has been around for a long time, Yahoo takes a while to shed dead weight. Part of that is indicative of a lack of nimbleness, as well as the Silicon Valley fantasy of the flat structure. Besides constantly seeking new talent, there needs to be an equal measure of in-house development of talent. New managers should be required to undergo leadership training, and promotions should not go hand-in-hand with seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementYahoo should be a content company. Period. It has the power and perhaps the responsibility to reshape the new media landscape.

Ignore the negative press, Yahoo! is a great company

Senior Director of Support (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Yahoo is a fantastic company. I have worked at some of the major high tech companies in the valley including… Cons: Yahoo! currently is where Apple was in the early 90s. The media and analysts jump on everything negative and publicize it, while ignoring the positives.… Advice to Senior Management: I would continue to stick to the growth plan, deliver… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great company to work for!

Technical Yahoo! QA Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: less work pressure. great work environment. Lot of press coverage!… Cons: feels like working for underdog. project deadlines not met. no free food. technically… Advice to Senior Management: they have to be more strict in executing against the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.