Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

As Good As It Gets

Editor (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsIf you must endure corporate culture, Yahoo has one of the best environments in the Bay Area. The main campus mimics the layout of a university, but its maturity doesn't have the patchwork layout of other newer campuses. There's something to be said about having a decent gym, grounds, and people who are cordial to one another.

ConsAs with any company that has been around for a long time, Yahoo takes a while to shed dead weight. Part of that is indicative of a lack of nimbleness, as well as the Silicon Valley fantasy of the flat structure. Besides constantly seeking new talent, there needs to be an equal measure of in-house development of talent. New managers should be required to undergo leadership training, and promotions should not go hand-in-hand with seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementYahoo should be a content company. Period. It has the power and perhaps the responsibility to reshape the new media landscape.

Really good company with potential to be Great.

Interaction Designer (Current Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: First and foremost, the people here are really great. In my experience there is very little politics and everyone seems to be playing on the… Cons: Projects take a long time to launch. There are many re-org's that affect company direction. Sometimes mandates seem not thought through enough.… Advice to Senior Management: It's frustrating because on the inside, I feel that we are doing really great things...but it seems like… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good place to work!

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at Yahoo

Pros: Good culture and exciting projects Cons: Career growth and work-life balance Advice to Senior Management: Take prompt decisions Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!