There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Enoyable.

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in London, England
Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in London, England

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Nice people, fun company to work for, you can make what you want of your career their if you put the effort in up o a point.

Cons

Too much proprietary stuff sometimes limiting the ability to improve portable skills sets

Advice to Management

Cut down on the excessive red tape, make internal web sites consistent

reviews filtered by
  1. Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Advice to Management

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

2. Not What It Once Was

Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Product Manager in London, England

I worked at Yahoo

Pros

Interesting international opportunities and the chance to work on some interesting project. Generally a relaxed environment and nice co-workers.

Cons

Talent has left the company in droves recently. It's not clear where senior management wants to take the company and what business Yahoo is in. There's very little innovative thinking left at the company and people are less willing to take risks. Corporate mentality has set in.

Advice to Management

Focus attention and innovate.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo