Yankee Candle
www.yankeecandle.com South Deerfield, MA 1000 to 5000 Employees

I love my job and this Company !

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company gives extensive training and development on all levels. You are given MANY tools to develop your business acumen and strategy. The sales program is called A.S.A.P. Used properly, it gives a manager a clear cut manner in which to train everyone in the store (including themselves) in proper sales techniques. It is short and simple and allows you to observe and coach effectively.

The bonus structure is generous. If you make your goals, EVERYONE gets a bonus, irregardless of your position and hours that you work. The Company's attitude is that it takes a team to achieve great sales results. As a SM, we have a lot of responsibility, however, it is not a success in which we can take all of the credit ! It takes a village...

Your days fly by !!! There is ALWAYS something to do if business is slow. The customers are loyal to the brand and quite proud of this ! The Company's return policy is generous which makes the customers happy and assures repeat business. For the most part, our customers are wonderful and a lot of fun.

ConsThe downside is more of a comment on retail management in general- in light of the economic climate. Yankee Candle is no worse than any other retailer at this time. No matter where you are working, management is expected to do more with less payroll. If you are the kind of manager that is committed to growing your business, you will have long work weeks. 50+ hrs most of the time. Holidays there are more expectations for your time in the store. But you are given comp days.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuicker turnaround on replenishment.

Simplify communications. TOO MANY EMAILS !!!! Let us run our stores and spend our time servicing customers. It is crazy to have to check two email boxes MULTIPLE times, daily, in order to react on a dime !

Overall good experience and competive wages compared to other retail stores

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Portland, OR (US)

I worked at Yankee Candle part-time for less than a year

Pros: Payed weekly, relaxing work enviorment, and friendly staff Cons: Minimal Hours evend during the holiday season Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Never work here

Store (Former Employee)

I worked at Yankee Candle full-time for more than a year

Pros: Benefits package and employee discount are both pretty good Cons: I really don't understand why anyone stays working at this company. I worked there for a year and wish I would have left sooner. I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Yankee Candle.

Worked for Yankee Candle? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yankee Candle reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yankee Candle CEO Harlan M. Kent. All reviews posted anonymously by Yankee Candle employees.