Yankee Candle

www.yankeecandle.com
  www.yankeecandle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

Sales Associate Review

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Yankee Candle part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about working here is the experience you gain from working with the people. I am typically a very shy person but this job has helped me to open up.

Cons

You should never use pay as a means for justification but that is the only con I can think of. You work your butt off for 7 dollars an hour.

209 Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle (View Most Recent)

Great company, lower pay scale for lower management

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent communication throughout company, room for growth, positive attitudes all around.

Cons

Very low annual raises, pay scale not competitive with same level management within other companies for employees.

I love my job and this Company !

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company gives extensive training and development on all levels. You are given MANY tools to develop your business acumen and strategy. The sales program is called A.S.A.P. Used properly, it gives a manager a clear cut manner in which to train everyone in the store (including themselves) in proper sales techniques. It is short and simple and allows you to observe and coach effectively.

The bonus structure is generous. If you make your goals, EVERYONE gets a bonus, irregardless of your position and hours that you work. The Company's attitude is that it takes a team to achieve great sales results. As a SM, we have a lot of responsibility, however, it is not a success in which we can take all of the credit ! It takes a village...

Your days fly by !!! There is ALWAYS something to do if business is slow. The customers are loyal to the brand and quite proud of this ! The Company's return policy is generous which makes the customers happy and assures repeat business. For the most part, our customers are wonderful and a lot of fun.

Cons

The downside is more of a comment on retail management in general- in light of the economic climate. Yankee Candle is no worse than any other retailer at this time. No matter where you are working, management is expected to do more with less payroll. If you are the kind of manager that is committed to growing your business, you will have long work weeks. 50+ hrs most of the time. Holidays there are more expectations for your time in the store. But you are given comp days.

Quicker turnaround on replenishment.

Simplify communications. TOO MANY EMAILS !!!! Let us run our stores and spend our time servicing customers. It is crazy to have to check two email boxes MULTIPLE times, daily, in order to react on a dime !

There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle