Epitomize the saying 'work hard, play hard'

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Zynga as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Awesome perks. I didnt feel like going home because the environment is so good. Instead of taking random coffee breaks you can actually take legit awesome breaks which increases your daily productivity and you end up going home super satisfied with your progress while not being tired at all.

Cons

Its very hard to point out the downsides of WORKING at Zynga. You may hate the games they make, or their business policies, but its definitely one of the best places to work at in the gaming industry.

The work needs to be distributed a little better. A common trend is that 80% of the work is done by 20% of the people. So you either end up working your brains out, or you have it pretty chill.

Other Reviews for Zynga

OK not good not great

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Zynga full-time for less than a year

Pros

steep learning curve initially,great benefits and you get to play a lot of games. scope for great analysis and learning

Cons

nepotism,incompetent people leading some teams

Almost too good to be true.

Current Employee - QA Engineer II  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer II in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at Zynga as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

For a contractor, free food isn't that bad. Not to mention, though I have heard horror stories of other studios, the particular studio that I worked in was pleasant and the people I worked with were friendly and helpful. Also, it was very refreshing to have a voice within the development process and be listened to.

Cons

One studio out of multiple studios which were pleasant... the same could not be said for the others, which were most likely due to the fact that many of them had the strong possibility of folding. In addition, sometimes the negative mentality of other contractors was very demoralizing at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Zynga.

Worked for Zynga? Contribute to the Community!