Wamp wamp

I worked at hmv

Pros

Hmv has a flexible for staff if you are a music/dvd lover you find some good obscure stuff. Managers usually try to accomodate you as best as you can.

Cons

Higher ups at HMV didn't adapt and see the changes coming and now place is going under. Most senior staff saw it for a while.

Advice to Management

Should listen to staff and adapt to trends quicker and faster. Might be too late but good luck to HMV.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very supportive company and very willing to give opportunities

I have been working at hmv

Pros

One of the best reasons to work for HMV group is the support for going into professional qualifications such as ACCA

Cons

Once professional qualifications are complete at HMV, there may not be open vacancies within the organisation to progress into a more senior role

Advice to Management

HMV leadership is very good ideas and always looking forward, constantly keep employees aware of the plans of the company

2. not good!

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at hmv

Pros

There' access to great music, movies, cd, dvd, blu-rays, just about anyting you want ot watch or listen to you can find it at hmv

Cons

they don't really treat their employees that well, and there isn't really any room for improvement or any place to move up to

Advice to Management

you guys should make employee communication more easy and foster that kind of relationship instead of just bashing everyone around