serpico landscaping
www.serpicolandscaping.com Hayward, CA 50 to 149 Employees

A good company gone bad

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
Hayward, CA (US)

I worked at serpico landscaping

ProsThey have some old employees that will never leave and they are good. There is some legacy attitude and training that will remain with the older crews as long as they stick it out with the new mentality.

ConsThey have shifted the focus to deceptive tactics to extract revenue from customers. They have lowered the initial pricing only to make it all back on the 'gravy' work. The current GM is entirely focused on profits. Sadly, they are becoming one more middle of the road landscaper. They still charge a lot only because of an old reputation. Lots of turn over here at the manager level. The current crop of top managers are ESL. This is okay but runs contrary to the 'high touch communication' motto. The owner will put a manager out in a management meeting and rip him to shreds. It's kind of sadistic. I've seen men come to tears with her.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pretending to love your people. Your reputation as a bait and switch company is already loosing you work, you should stop the money grab and move back a few steps.

a busy job in a busy industry.

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at serpico landscaping

Pros: The company has a good reputation in some areas. There are some nice people… Cons: Very high turn over at the foreman, supervisor, and branch manager level. There is only one manager that has been there for more than… Advice to Senior Management: If you loos the trus of your customer, they will… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No stability or respect

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Hayward, CA (US)

I have been working at serpico landscaping

Pros: Not going out of business this winter (like some other… Cons: They just cut back the crews hours to 7 hours per day, even though the leaves are falling like crazy. The problem is, they… Advice to Senior Management: Get it over with and sell the company . No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on serpico landscaping.

Worked for serpico landscaping? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at serpico landscaping reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for serpico landscaping CEO Sharon Hanson. All reviews posted anonymously by serpico landscaping employees.