Challenging, Exciting and Fun Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time for more than a year

Pros

thePlatform is comprised of a great community of people, and fosters a "come as you are" office culture. Employees are valued here, whether it's management working with you to find a role that best suits your interests and skill-set, or through the HR sponsored employee appreciation events. We have our hands in interesting and relevant technology, which provides us with challenging and exciting work, no matter what your role is here. I love the "work hard, play hard" ethic thePlatform has adopted. The benefits, fringe and otherwise, are better than I've had at any other company/ organization.

Cons

Although I think HR puts forth a strong effort to counter this, our office isn't very ethnically diverse.

Other Reviews for thePlatform

Fun and challenging place to work

I have been working at thePlatform full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

thePlatform still has a startup like culture with the added bonus of having the big company benefits that come from being a Comcast company. Since there is a high focus on product development, a consistent stream of new products and features help drive new business and keep the existing customer base happy. There is always an opportunity to work with new technologies and systems as there is still an effort to reinvent and improve wherever possible.

There are many great people to work and interact with, and most make an effort to be a part of the many company sponsored events like baseball outings, bowling, trivia nights, summer picnics and catered lunches which make for a fun and interactive culture. The open door policy also allows for direct interaction and conversations with executive team who encourage feedback and new ideas.

Cons

While the focus on product development makes for an exciting environment, it can often lead to a complicated set of system dependencies, tight deadlines, and choosing new features over the stability of a product. There is also a tendency to overcommit to customers in terms of timelines and cost which often leads to constantly changing priorities as well as emergency fixes and deployments that might otherwise have been avoided.

Quite often large initiatives get implemented in parallel without a good understanding of the resources needed to bring them to market in a way that's sustainable. This tends to leave them unstable, partially finished, or not profitable. This is likely a result of the constant push for the starting tomorrow's work while not leaving adequate resources to nicely finish up yesterday's work.

Management should continue to encourage the fun culture and the open door policy, as well as consider doing fewer projects with more focused resources to enable more success overall.

A fun dynamic environment, with great people building great products for big customers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time

Pros

We have a very strong team and work hard to keep it that way. We compete in a very dynamic market - online video - which is constantly evolving, so it doesn't get boring. We get to work with big, well known customers, so it's easy to tell mom and dad what our products do. We're growing into a global company, which is challenging but fun.

Cons

Our main product is powerful and complex (which our market needs) but it means that we have longer sales cycles, more demanding customers and a longer ramp time for getting employees up to speed than companies in other spaces. Growing naturally causes areas to get stretched thin which can put stress on the organization.

Keep planning for growth, keep employees happy, stay in touch with the market.

There are newer employer reviews for thePlatform.

Worked for thePlatform? Contribute to the Community!