thePlatform

www.theplatform.com

Amazing people and a company that cares!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsCoworkers are fun to be around as they are smart and talented at their jobs and also have interesting hobbies and passions outside of work. Even as company has grown to 165+ employees it still seems to have that small company feel. thePlatform does a great job of keeping it's employees happy:
-Genuinely fun all-company activities that range from monthly catered lunches and birthday celebrations to art-walks, baseball games, bowling, mini-golfing, scavenger hunts, company picnics, CEO breakfasts, BINGO, Trivia Nights, Holiday party... Lots of fun stuff all the time. Heck, just last week for Valentines Day everyone got valentines day cards saying how the company loved us a "latte" and that the company had brought in two traveling Batista to make complimentary drinks all morning.
-Awesome snack bar with lots of options ranging from healthy stuff like fresh fruit, nuts, cheese to indulgences like chocolate and jelly beans. And of course fully stocked refrigerators with juice/soda...
-Sweet office location, on 10th and 11th floor of building on 2nd/Madison. In addition to all the nearby lunch spots (and bars) there is an outdoor terrace that stretches the entire south side of the building so you can soak up some sun and eat lunch why looking out at Mt. Rainier and the water.
-Bicycle Lovers! Lots of folks ride/run/walk to work (I Bike) and it's really nice to have lockers, showers, a safe spot for bicycles to hang in the hallway (plus a bike cage on the bottom floor for those super sunny days when tons of people ride in). Not to mention an active group of riders who get together for rides during lunch.

-Cohesive Teams

ConsThe product is pretty complex and can take awhile to learn all the ins and outs. Even with the new-hire technical training and on-going product deep-dives it will take a long-time to get a good understanding of all the different capabilities within the system.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a great team and product headed in the right direction, looking forward to growing and maintaining that small-company feel.

Challenging, Exciting and Fun Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time for more than a year

Pros: thePlatform is comprised of a great community of people, and fosters a "come as you are" office culture. Employees are valued here, whether it's management… Cons: Although I think HR puts forth a strong effort to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A fun dynamic environment, with great people building great products for big customers.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at thePlatform full-time

Pros: We have a very strong team and work hard to keep it that way. We compete in a very dynamic market - online video -… Cons: Our main product is powerful and complex (which our market needs) but it means that we have longer sales cycles, more demanding customers and a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep planning for growth, keep employees happy, stay in touch… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on thePlatform.

Worked for thePlatform? Contribute to the Community!