Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews in Los Angeles, CA US

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights
115 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to get experience

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Camarillo, CA (US)

ProsMeet new people from all walks of life, Gain experience that will help build your resume.

ConsToo many cliques. Upper management only considers the cool kids, the job can be dangerous (you drive all day), washing cars in suits sucks

Great company for young people.

Sales Management Trainee (Former Employee) Culver City, CA (US)

ProsEnterprise encourages healthy competition and has great management. They teach you a lot about sales; there is a heavy emphasis on selling insurance. It is a great company for a first job.

ConsThe pay is not very good and the hours are very long.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage upward mobility and have more insensitive programs.

Hard Work NO PAY

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) San Gabriel, CA (US)

ProsThe opportunity for growth is there... if you are ok with working til you cant anymore and getting paid slave wages. The people I have worked with for the most part are awesome the company does a good job of finding competitive hungry employees who have the natural ability to achieve. THe whole training and management process is in essence just a giant weed out, if you can cope with being told you're being paid well when your not and getting overworked to struggle to live with the hope of being promoted high enough to make good money then this place is for you. Just need to know the dream is a lot farther than the reality. Not many people get to Area Manager in less than 5-6 years and you see mid level five figures until you climb that high. Great for the resume and great for the experience, horrible for the ride.

ConsDisgruntled customers, being set up to fail, being told that customer service is everything, when the idea of the company is get a customer in the door and get the car later. Many a time I have had to talk someone down because of a 1-2 hour wait it is awful. Been cussed out numerous times, for things I felt awful for doing and I just have to keep smiling. Also being sugarcoated into thinking my hard work is worth what they pay, my damn college debt is more than my yearly salary (uhhhhhhhh, irony we need a degree here).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so top heavy. The reason you make so much is because the troops are out there weathering the storm. This isn't a frat just cause you paid your dues doesn't mean you deserve salaries that thrump mine by 7-8 fold.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hard work, little pay, good for resume

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Ventura, CA (US)

Prosresume builder, meet good people, competitive

Consfavoritism for promotions, either your in with the cool kids or your out, bad customers, you will be tasked with repossessing cars, driving too much, driving can be hazardous to your health, little to no pay increase once you grill and get promoted.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your employees and quit playing favorites.

Great company, people and culture.

Branch Manager (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA (US)

ProsOutstanding team environment with great people. As an employee, you sell, learn how to run a business and are trained and managed by people, who've done exactly what you're doing, throughout their career.

ConsSometimes you have to get your hands dirty. As a team member, you're expected to do what it takes to get the job done. This can include washing cars, working long hours and going above and beyond. I liked it, but not for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell more dub.

Great Place To Kick Off Your Career

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsEveryone is a recent college graduate so your coworkers are fun to be around and intelligent. Enterprise offers a great learning experience. You learn how to run a small business. Being successful at Enterprise looks great on your resume, and shows that you have good sales experience.

ConsCustomers can be degrading, and the company is so focused on a high customer service rating that they sometimes sacrifice the employee in the process.

You will move to several different branches per year. It's great because you'll meet more employees, but bad because of traffic in LA.

Good places to learn than move on

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Fullerton, CA (US)

ProsGreat people, everyone is hardworking

ConsLow pay considering all that the work that is compacted into one day

Good place to start

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsGood training process that allows freedom for you to make your own decisions. Everyone is promoted from within and everyone starts as a management trainee. At Enterprise you get the opportunity to build your skills in sales.

ConsHigh turnover and must be okay with constantly changing offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

Overly hyped position

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Fullerton, CA (US)

ProsGreat experience in sales. You get to format your sales pitch according to each situation and management is willing to help you realize what you could have done differently when rejected. Great people and great benefits, just didn't personally enjoy selling just to sell. Would prefer a company who's brand is easier to stand behind.

ConsNo work-life balance as they say. You work very long hours and have hardly any time to take care of personal matters. If you are not looking to stay in sales long term, this is not the job for you. Even after you've completed your management training program, your next step still includes sales. And after that, sales. It is very hard to move into corporate positions even though they make it seem like it is simple. Very under paid!

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees more! There is no commission, yet you have high expectations of sales and long hours. Very hard to stay motivated when you could easily make more working half the hours waiting tables.

Management feels a sense of entitlement and employees are under paid.

Senior Account Manager; Rideshare Division (Former Employee) Carson, CA (US)

ProsGood job right out of college. Meet lots of people and made good drinking buddies. Better social perks rather than career. Branch atmosphere is not professional - everyone comes to work hungover.

ConsUpper management feels a sense of entitlement, especially the Rideshare division out of Carson, CA. Additionally, workers are under paid and taken advantage of. Many previous employees speak of "golden handcuffs" or the "dangled carrot". Promises of advancement, never any action.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen multiple employees come to you with a concern about management, try and get to the bottom of the problem rather than ignoring employee feedback. Also, when an entire division has to replace 80% of its employees, take action.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!