Equifax
www.equifax.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Equifax Reviews

Updated Apr 02, 2014
Equifax – West Des Moines – “Datavision now Equifax office 4300 Westown Prkwy”

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith

Rick Smith

Pros:
  • "They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Stable company with good benefits"
    in 18 reviews
Cons:
  • "CEO and senior management are bullies and needs a lesson in humility"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Lack of career path and development programs"
    in 8 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Running far ... far away.

Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax as an intern for less than a year

ProsGreat place for an internship to put on my resume and helps open up doors to another position.

The renovations are nice. Its a good thing they are *finally* doing something nice for the employees ... I guess they figured that they won't be able to attract ANY talent in the barren cubicle wasteland which they had beforehand.

ConsControlling management which does not trust its employees. Complete lack of communication between EVERYONE. This place has a HUGE collaboration problem, both on a social level and a technical level. "Meritocracy" is another name for kissing butt and falling in line with your manager. EVERYTHING is a 'standard process', and if it isn't then it is turned into one. COMPLETE lack of innovation ... and its 100% management's fault. Ironically, they are looking at ways to "streamline innovation". I think that this is possible, just not at this company.

There is a huge "us versus them" culture here. Most employees seem too afraid to propose new ideas or lead any real change in fear of losing their job. 95% of the employees are married, have kids, and truly only want a job which provides stability.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows what they have to do ... they have to change the culture. They've allowed so many teams to build huge fortresses in their technology to prevent them being removed, and these very people who are resistant to innovation, growth and change are absoluteness killing the company. How should they go about fixing the company? I'm not sure ... but it truly is in their best interest to figure it out.

Find another job

Customer Service (Former Employee)
Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

Prosnot the type of job you have to take home and continue working

ConsAttendance policy, cell phone policy, having to work like a slave

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire people and go around looking for reasons to fire them if you don't have the budget to keep them

Good company,

I have been working at Equifax

ProsSolid company with strong senior leadership.

ConsGenerally prefer to hire from outside the organization, no clear career paths, may have to look elsewhere to advance your career.

Highly Disappointed. Looked at the reviews before taking the job, but I felt-I can handle it.WRONG!!! TRY IT IF YOU WANT

IT Operations (Former Employee)
Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

ProsIt looked like everything is absolutely great including the pay until week 1. I was wrong, I should not have left my old job. There are no pros.

Cons1. Abundant discouragement
2. Poor Leadership
3. Too many "Deceiving" consultants
4. Too much work politics
5. Too much "Micro-Management"
6. VPs do not care about Individual contributors and are left to die in hands of Directors (Managers)
7. Your opinion doesnt matter. Only Contractor's and managers opinions matters
8. Lack of Friendly atmosphere
9. Too much stress / pressure on employees
10. I Love Indian food and India, but the people I worked with are rediculous and stupid. They lack the basic knowledge of English and they try to dominate with their 'this stuff is too cool to be true' ideas. Consultants are meant to help the full time employees, but in Equifax, the definition is vice versa.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement knows everything, I guess this company is in deep trouble that they cannot come out of, atleast in next 10 years. I dont have any advice to management other than go for Chapter 11 to come out of this mess. If you look at the news, there are a lot of law suites on this company.

Overall a good company with very aggressive senior management focused on driving high profit sales.

Sales (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

ProsHigh margins means the company is willing to invest in reasonably decent commissions for high performers.
Generally fun environment with plenty of smart people.

ConsWhile the management has made several changes for the better to the quality of staff, there are still several legacy members of staff who aren't as strong as the new blood coming in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue on the path you're on, but watch out for increased competition as the likes of TU try to pick the best and brightest from Equifax.

20+ years at Equifax in sales

Sales Management (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

ProsCustomer focused, employee focused, a little old school in human approach, but conservative cutting edge in its investment in technololy

ConsConservative approach to razor's edge technology keeps EFX off the forefront

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to create a GE at EFX, but embrace world class analytics and tech.

Reality not in line with expectations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

ProsEquifax has a comprehensive interview process . Candidates will believe they are hired based on high performance history. There is a strong focus on previous experience, knowledge, skills and education. Overall, employees are committed.

ConsThere is a serious issue with execution. Although, the current economy makes maintaining and growing business challenging, this is easy compared with the herculean effort to meet, let alone exceed client expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementDemonstrate versus preach a client-first focus. Sales people and customers are not necessary evils of business and are key to maintaining market share and growing the business. Walk your talk, treat people the way you would want to be treated.

A really old company of Atlanta

I have been working at Equifax

ProsFlexibility in work place. Work life balance is good.

ConsPoor management leading to lack of vision and poor execution.

Needs a stronger process improvement method in place

Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Proscertain benefits and perks
cafeteria on site

Conswork/life balance
pay
vacation time
benefits are expensive for this to be a multi-billion dollar company

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is by far well known for their products and services they provide with information services. However, from behind the scenes, the company is operating as if the year was 1983 whether than 2013. Several processes and integration methods needs to revised and updated IMMEDIATELY. While understanding that outsourcing to another country may be cost efficient from a business prospective, I don't believe this company should be one of those companies.

statistical consultant II

Statistician (Current Employee)
Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople care about others and society showing commitment in their actions

ConsIt's a hard work and can be very demanding if you can't keep steps

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Equifax CEO Rick Smith. All 169 reviews are posted anonymously by Equifax employees.