Equifax Reviews

Updated 16 September 2014
2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Frustrated

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have a job at the moment.

Cons

After years with this company they have managed to decrease pay, increase insurance and demote salary pay to hourly pay. We now have to punch a time clock that is micro-managed to the fullest extent. We are not able to move with out being spied upon from a dictating manager whom i am not sure how remains to keep the position. They say they are flexible with schedules and have gave you the tools to allow this however over the last year the flexibility has been removed little by little. It has been extremely frustrating to begin a career with this company to love and respect it and years later feel used and abused. This has turned into a typical corp. enviornement where you are just a number and the go green means make the employees hate it enough to leave so they can down size through attrition. I have come to believe they can careless if you are happy with this company. It is a political nightmare. FYI most are looking for new employement and will leave in a heartbeat if givin the right opportunity to run.

I am not sure how or why you choose you leaders however I have found that some are less then qualified. You may want to start doing more inhouse survey's of your manager/directors and cleaning house once you view the survey's. Your decisions to go green and overhaul the salary to hourly structure has cause horibble issues with these employees. Talk about a slap in the face! That is an ultimate demotion. Maybe you should do the same for yourself and see how that works out for you! You should take a lesson on treat others as you would like to be treated you may be able to create a more friendly enviornment. The only reason i can see that you would treat your employees so awful would be to lower your cost through "attrition". If this was your goal i believe you are exceeding your goal.

Good job but not much advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Data Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Research Analyst

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits and good work/life balance.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement.

I had a very positive and fulfilling experience at Equfiax.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits and aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

High management turnover rate.
    Indecisive senior leadership.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It is an ok place to work, it is getting better!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Compensation is good, time off is flexible and the beneifts are good. There are some changes that have happened but it appears to be moving in a more positive direction.

Cons

Lack of transparency from upper management is an issue. Additionally there is a clear deliniation between jobs and levels here. One certainly knows where one is in the pecking order. And sometimes it is quite uncomfortable.

Think outside the box. Promote from within. And treat people like you care. It would be easier to like this job if we were not constantly watching jobs be sent offshore. AskHr, AskLegal, when a person has a question for HR they do not want to have an answer from an anonymous person in India.

Sales

Current Employee - Sales Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification.

Cons

Some Top Down Shortsided Budgeting

Listen

Consultant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flex time, great PTO. Nice people to work with. One nice thing they did was move us to a sewhat nicer office.

Cons

Equifax aquired my company. It use to be a great place to work. Now most people I work with hope they sell us off. There is no benefits to this job. Unrealistic performance expectations, set by higher management who have no clue as to what you do. The Lean garbage they force down our throats is beyond tiring.

Wake up and quit abusing your employees. To senior management- try some employee engagement strategies. You are killing us.

There a little over a year

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Windward, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Director in Windward, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable Company, commute not to bad...employees are good

Cons

No traiing what so ever... low pay... and very demanding for the pay

Train your folks and pay them so they don't leave

Poor leadership decision making, and very poor with strategic thought leadership

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Equifax full-time

Pros

Good benefits, and a very competitive salary

Cons

Commissions are paid 3 times a year, which is very disconcerting for sales professionals. No enterprise wide consistency with divisions working together. Product innovation is very weak, and Divisional leaders are very poor in managing success and empowering their employees.

Make some changes in your divisional leadership, and do more internal satisfaction surveys with your people.

SME company thinking to be a Corp

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Brand and their position in the market. Money is ok but not great. In the middle of a cultural changes that may work.

Cons

Way to much projects and inititatives turned to be imposible to manage. Lack of focus and extremely bad relationship between family and work.

Slowly Declining

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

Stability. This organization has done a great job of navigating through a difficult economic climate.

Cons

Process heavy, with no wiggle room, even when the process is counter to individual goals / objectives.
    Tight fisted. Very limited on-going training for professional development.

It should be noted that MANY top performers are leaving, and Senior Management's efforts to keep them are not working. This is an interesting indicator of the culture within the organization.

Start promoting from within. Promote those employees who have gotten the organization this far, quit bringing in outsiders for management positions.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!