Equifax Reviews

Updated 24 August 2014

2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Slow to market

Current Employee - Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment is nice, there is personal growth to a certain point, and the benefits are on par with other companies of this size. The company is growing... and will continue to do so.

Cons

Very political environment, so if you don't like the "good ole boy" network - look elsewhere. Also, very slow to get new products to market. Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down...

Don't focus so much on what makes YOU look good, consider making your employees look good and maybe they'll be happier. Recognize accomplishments - don't take the credit for things you didn't do.

Little opportunity for entry level.

Former Employee - Income Verification  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Income Verification in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Good working environment. For the most part lower level management communicates direction and goals effectively. Also, they are readily available to their subordinates.

Cons

The company, at least in my area, is transitioning to hiring a largely temporary workforce. Those with seniority are becoming increasingly rare and contracts seem to be either extended or terminated.

Offer your employees greater opportunity for advancement.

in IT - Good Pay, Low/No Upward Mobility

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

IT division in Equifax was severely underfunded for better part of the 2000s. I was fortunate to join just when Equifax started investing in IT. The culture and type of work improved as did the staff count. Overall a great development experience catching up in technology since 2007 till now

Cons

Equifax is absolutely horrible when it comes to human resource management. Performance reviews are a joke. There are no career tracks of any sort. In my 7 years with the company, I have perhaps seen a handful of resources move up in the organization. For the most part, the company prefers hiring from the outside for higher level roles. Promotions are almost unheard of.

Don't manage from the top down. Allow employees to demonstrate innovative ideas and you will be surprised. There are a lot of talented people in the company, give them a chance.
    Also, IT is not a cost center... I would argue Equifax is an IT company, treat IT as a core competency and invest in innovation. Promote employees from within

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales

Former Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company allows people to be innovative with clients. Revenue driven. Mid management are top notch. People are great to work with.

Cons

Be careful your compensation may not get paid. Health benefits are poor. If you are innovative and close a sale don't expect to get compensated until you have a revenue plan for your product

People are your greatest asset. Treat them with respect.

OKay

Former Employee - QA Analyst  in  Coraopolis, PA (US)
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Coraopolis, PA (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It's a job. It pays money. They will pay you and hire you through a temp company. I can't really recommend going out for a job at this place. Unless you're job hungry.

Cons

The company seemed a little disorganized over all, I was hired through a temp agency and let go three months later. I was poorly trained and things just seemed confused over all.

Invest in actually training people.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

Training, management, opportunity for growth

Cons

Tedious and monotonous daily work schedule

Offer more opportunities for education without disruption from work. Option to work from home.

Great when started and then cut opportunity to earn more money. Slashed commission plans & other incentives

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedule. President is a very smart guy who knows what talking about, but don't think he is aware of how sales team paid.

Cons

Removed large amount of commission opportunity in new pay plans. Meetings about Meetings

Pay your sales people like standard sales people instead of stating new business will be added to your current book of business, doesn't give us any drive to sell when no extra money to really be earned. Stop having meetings about meetings.

I had a great experience. An overall great company to work for.

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked with some very nice people who have become life long friends. They hire people of quality and morals, not just anyone. My superiors were very fair. The raises came when expected. My hours were flexible and fair. I worked in a fast paced environment where there was plenty of work to be done. I learned a lot of skills while working there. I would definitely still be working there, but being a military family, we had to move.

Cons

The only thing bad I have to say about my experience was that I occasionally had to work on Saturdays. That is really the only thing I didn't like.

None

Great company but not an exciting product.

Former Employee - Events & PR Manager  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Former Employee - Events & PR Manager in Madrid (Spain)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in Equifax Spain. I was a well stablished company. Great people and good location.

Cons

It is a hard group to becone a part os. But this is true for anyone not originally from Spain. Very close knit.

Try to become more internationally mindset.

Equifax is a highly motivated company to provide products and services to meet customer needs. As an industry leader, E

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company goals are communicated from the CEO down and employees are highly motivated to reach them.

Cons

There is limited upward mobility within Equifax.

Management needs to look at all levels for candidates for postions. There may be a diamond in the rough.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!