Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 22, 2014

3.6 1,819 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management(in 151 reviews)

• Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities(in 129 reviews)

Cons
  • if you Job require you to work in Shift then work life balance is difficult(in 54 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies(in 40 reviews)

1,819 Employee Reviews

Ericsson is a worldwide family that is faltering.

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Guildford, England

ProsGreat career opportunities, many people feel they can learn and teach people all over the company and indeed the world. The culture is very helpful and aimed at getting the job done even if you are helping someone in another project.

ConsProjects are sometimes chaotic, many times we "firefight" instead of innovating. The innovation part has not yet been fully embraced though lot of work is being done.
    Without advancement pay is not great.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you are willing to risk it, do not expect employees to start a high risk project during his/her spare time, the risk must be shared. I am sure most Ericsson Employees would work in their spare time if some paid time was allocated to a risky project or even an experiment.

Trendy company, people focused

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosoptions to grow are large and varied,

Consmiddle management would need better selection

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on more leadership growth

Good....could always be better

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Guildford, England

ProsFlexible working, relaxed environment, high level of competence among employees, opportunity to move within teams, opportunity to drive your own career etc

ConsPay is terrible. Its the only thing i can think of as negative and the ONLY reason i'm now looking to leave after 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit paying peanuts and pay the market rate as a minimum; you will get to keep your most experienced hands this way.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account CTO

Account Chief Technology Officer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsOpen company with great products and people. Good, clear strategy to address the mobile market. Has been well managed from a financial perspective. Has outlasted the Western competition

ConsCan be slow and procedure heavy. Under a lot of price pressure in a competitive market place. Will need to develop other, new markets to retain revenues in the long term.

Good company to work with. Excellent opportunities for R&D Career.

DSP Engineer (Former Employee) Southampton, England

ProsGood Research career, excellent encouragement for patents; great opportunity to work on cutting edge research projects

Consless scope for career progression; less scope for changing job functionality if you're bored with current line of work

Advice to Senior Managementthink about career progression plans for employees

A dynamic company which motivates and empowers employees

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Guildford, England

ProsOpen culture with strong core values. Great fun working atmosphere working on cutting edge technologies. Engineers get flexible working where additional hours worked can be taken as leave or over time. Managers work standard hours. Great opportunities to travel the world and experience various cultures, especially if within a global service delivery centre. Job opportunities to work in any of the local offices in 140 countries on short term or long term basis.

ConsManagement structure varies from country to country and departments and does not always represent the Swedish way of thinking. Certain product specific skills gained are not always transferable to other industries.

Advice to Senior Managementengineers are not valued as much as project managers who are over paid

The most selfish company ever and that is coming from someone who has worked for Ericsson in 6 different countries

Project Engineer (Current Employee)

Prosglobal reach, big player in telecom market

Consabsolutely no interest in employees, they will fire you with no apparent reason, no interest in human development and interaction, the only thing even the HR department is concerned about is how to save their jobs, You will never know any one from the top management besides getting a generic email from the country head once in a while who never meets any department, appalling working environment, I have seen taxi drivers and plumbers with no prior education and experience working on critical engineering jobs because they are friends/relatives of the hiring manager, no career path if you are a contractor and you would be treated like a step child and they will make sure that you feel like it through the actions of permanent staff / management.

Advice to Senior ManagementI will advice the management only if I will know who to contact.

Reasonablr but not worldbeaters

Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGood corporate culture and technology driven.

ConsUnless you are Swedish do not expect to go far within the company. Can be very centralised, slow moving.

Interesting

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) London, England

ProsJoined via a company ericsson purchased.

ConsEricsson integration took a long time

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better, promote talent

Just fantastic

Graduate Software Engineer (Current Employee) Southampton, England

ProsGreat work environment, great people to work with.

ConsIt would be better if they were located closer to London.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!