ExamWorks Reviews

2.3
ExamWorks CEO and Director James K. (Jim) Price
James K. (Jim) Price

1. Regional Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sacramento, CA (US)

I worked at ExamWorks (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and amazing staff
    Work from home potential
    Networking opportunities
    Flexible schedule
    Little oversight of sales staff

Cons

Heavy workload but very reasonable compared to other sales positions. Lots of travel, but great opportunities!

2. Worst job I ever had

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time

Pros

There are no pros for the company. Would like to say "looking forward to work" but there are items to back this up.

Cons

How the company is currently being operated in real life is similar to the comic strip Dilbert. Even though it's a comic strip, it dose a pretty good job portraying the corporate culture as a Kafkaesque world of bureaucracy for its own sake and office politics that stand in the way of productivity, where employees' skills and efforts are not rewarded, and busy work is praised.

The Organizational culture isn’t a good match and the working conditions are very poor and I am currently exploring other employment options. This is the worst job that I ever had and can "not" work under these current conditions. This is the first time that I had a position that I'm not truly happy at a job and be ready to bolt to something new. Now having the information and knowledge on how the company works, I would have passed on this opening. The company is being run like a tight ship and there is very little if any flexibility. I can see how are there are checks and balances in place, but still having some flexibility helps with the moral.

Advice to Management

Stop being so "tight" and allow some flexibility. If you want to buy lunch for employees, getting pizza every time gets old real fast.

Scheduling Coordinator

Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Roseland, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Scheduling Coordinator in Roseland, NJ (US)

I have been working at ExamWorks

Pros

Some of the employees are great! There is so much you can learn there. The work is interesting you will never get bored.

Cons

The micromanaging is horrible. The managers and supervisors are verbally abusive and are be led by their personal life.

Advice to Management

Perhaps if you didn't encourage your supervisors to harass certain employees you'll find a more productive atmosphere, you're clearly bias

5. Work as an independent contractor for this company

I have been working at ExamWorks

Pros

Very professional company who strives to provide excellent service and accommodates your needs.

Cons

Not part of their payroll

Went from bad to worse to downright disgusting.

Current Employee - Client Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Client Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home is a plus! Oops you can't do that half the time.

Cons

Micro management, no rules are across the board for everyone.

Advice to Management

Go scratch.

Not so -day

I have been working at ExamWorks

Pros

Nice co-workers; office is well kept; work isn't hard if you're familiar with the industry; in house training if necessary; nice amount of PTO

Cons

very numbers driven; don't care about quality only quantity; not flexible with office hrs; no set guidelines anything goes on any given day leaves room for a lot of error

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees more and there will be less issues in the future.

If I could give ZERO stars I would!! RUN FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance in Rockford, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance in Rockford, IL (US)

I worked at ExamWorks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not having to work holidays or weekends ... wait a moment ... you have to do that so that's not a Pro. Being able to work from home as was discussed during the interview ... wait another moment ... nope can't do that either because they just don't feel like it's in the company's best interest never mind that productivity and quality are better when workers are able to work from home. Only possible "pro" would be stock options that I was given that are no longer offered. However, the stock option only makes up for the low salaries provided. Sooo ... yeah can't come up with a pro.

Cons

I worked there for just over a year and a half and ended up in the hospital twice and had multiple doctor appointments for panic disorder only diagnosed AFTER starting to work there. The supervisor and management styles have been described as "psycho-terror." Don't even think about having to go to the bathroom too often. Don't talk to your co-workers in the bathroom or the lunch area because you're listened to there and what you say is relayed to management. All communication between management and workers have a punitive feel about them. Micro-managing is a common practice and the only way they know how to do things.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake positive reviews to offset the multiple real reviews of the place. Let your employees talk to the higher-ups so they can get a real feel of what's going on and why the turn over is so high. When I left, most of the employees were looking for other work and ready to leave if another opportunity presented itself.

Be afraid, be very afraid....

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at ExamWorks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro is that they buy the office a cheap buffet lunch once a month. 900 shares of stock options if you are lucky.
    Some nice coworkers.

Cons

Easily the worst place I have ever worked. This place should be avoided as it has the most arrogant, least trained management in the insurance industry.

Advice to Management

Each manager should be required to read "Management for Dummies" two times,

10. Good company.

I worked at ExamWorks

Pros

Opportunities are possible with determination.

Cons

Self determination is a key to success!

Toxic Environment

Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Quality Assurance Coordinator in Rockford, IL (US)

I worked at ExamWorks

Pros

Great coworkers that pitched in when needed. Working remotely, when allowed, was nice. However, this was regularly taken away from the entire team for no apparent reason.
    Potential opportunity for growth.

Cons

Micromanagement from supervisor and upper management (particularly the GM). Communication was usually punitive in nature. "Secretive environment" regarding all changes in the work process.
    Many employees expressed concern that they would be fired if they were sick, had to schedule a doctor's appointment during the day, or requested too much vacation time.
    Turnover is very high.

Advice to Management

Clean house with much of the supervisory staff, especially the GM. Put a HR rep in all offices.
    This could be an amazing place to work if a positive work environment was provided; however, this will never happen with the current management.

RSS Feed </> Embed