Experian Marketing Services

Experian Marketing Services Reviews

Updated Jul 03, 2014

Experian Marketing Services Group President Michael Devico

Michael Devico

Pros
  • Free bagels and subsidized vending machines(in 9 reviews)

• The company supports a great work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace(in 6 reviews)

• All of the client services jobs were outsourced to Costa Rica(in 7 reviews)

Role was boring and repeatitive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Weybridge, England

Prosyearly bonus, gained good experience to take elsewhere

ConsNot much to say about other employees, low salary (no London weighting), no room for promotion, company doesn't care much for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementAppriciate your employees and allow more growth and promotion

Change is the only constant

ProsEMS is part of Experian which is a really great company to work for. I am proud to have Experian on my resume. Experian is the kind of company where people have invested their entire careers. By that I mean it's not uncommon to meet people with 25-35 years.

ConsRight now we're going through a period of transition in EMS. This too shall end. Experian, and by extension EMS, is large & matrixed company with complex structure. It's not for the faint of heart. But if you're comfortable navigating corporate culture and politics then it's not an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore top down communication would help with morale in the individual offices.

Terrible place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Pros- free bagels on Wednesday

Cons- NO work-life balance, work till 8-9pm regularly and work on weekend common
    - NO job security, people laid off after 1-2 months of working here
    - TOO many bugs in technology, majority of clients leaving for competitors
    - FORCED to lie to clients to hide what really happens behind the scene

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too many changes with management

ProsNice people, laid back environment

Consnot much room for growth, too many management changes, and pay is not competitive for type of work performed

Great people, good management and plenty of opportunities

ProsI've worked at this company for 15 years and see no reason to look elsewhere. Hard work and loyalty is valued and reward. It's a strong company filled with great people who really care about what they do. Senior management is very accessible. The company supports a great work-life balance.

ConsThe marketing services industry is changing rapidly and at times the company seems to struggle to keep up. At the same time, there is not always sufficient time given to allow key changes to take effect. There seems to be some difficulty in developing and maintaining an effective long-term vision for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communication lines open

It is company with full of young and talented people

ProsFlexibility is the best to describe the department in this company

ConsHard to find people with same interest

Late nights, Work on weekends, and more...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFree bagels on Wednesday
    Able to work from home

ConsNext round of layoffs coming very soon, layoffs not uncommon even for people who started only 2 months ago
    You are asked to bring laptops home every night and on weekends to be on call to work
    Frequent firedrills as application or servers break weekly

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not ask us to write optimistic reviews on Glassdoor if we do not believe in the future here

Talented employees, great comp & benefits, struggles with long-term vision

ProsPlenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. Great compensation and benefits packages. Management clearly recognizes importance of work/life balance for employees, so ideal environment for individuals seeking stability and decent work schedule (for the most part).

ConsCompetitive comp and relatively stable job security begets a long-tenured staff and seasoned management (people stick around for great jobs), but unfortunately it can also foster complacency and risk averse leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization still has a great set of products and services, but its position in the marketplace will be tested over the next five years. Continue to invest and innovate or be prepared to cede market share to more nimbler competitors.

Strict work hours and a massive outsourcing move makes for a low morale workplace

Client Solutions Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsThe pay was reasonable for the market, especially with the bonus. The managers are adept at their jobs, and did a good job in training me in the proprietary software and processes.

ConsThe company is strict in starting the work day at 9am and staying till 6pm EXACTLY. I had to ask my manager to leave even 15 minutes early. Also, the upper management decided to fire the majority of the Client Services team (Account Managers) and outsource that work to Costa Rica to cut costs. Due to these issues and others, the morale in the office is very low. Both my manager and other teammate resigned while I was working there.

I do not recommend working here. Find somewhere with a healthier office culture and more flexible management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop outsourcing, and relax on the office hours and working from home flexibility.

Low company morale, disconnected senior management, people leaving due to instability/layoffs

Cross-Channel Marketing (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits, hard-working colleagues, and location right at the heart of the financial district. Free bagels on Wednesdays.

ConsConstant layoffs, off shoring, executives resigning and realignment/restructuring causes a lot of instability within the organization. Company is struggling to meet revenue targets and company will pull strings to cut corners and meet EBIT numbers. Low work life balance as a result of instability and struggling to compete in the marketplace. Client service will likely suffer due to off-shoring. Very buggy technology, lots of "gap fixes"

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in your brand, go to market positioning, and your employees. Stop acting like a chaotic start-up and practice what you preach to clients. Work to improve morale.

Worked for Experian Marketing Services? Contribute to the Community!