Experian

www.experiangroup.com

Experian Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Experian – Nottingham – “Experian Landmark House”

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits (in 18 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent time off, plenty of telework opportunities (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 19 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Safe career option but could be so much better

Corporate Development (Current Employee) London, England

Pros- in the main people are friendly although not the smartest or hardest working
    - work life balance is typically OK but reflected in poor pay and benefits

Cons- pay is poor and below market rate for most roles except sales and senior management
    - poor talent retention and nurturing at junior level
    - company burdened by process and approvals - many missed opportunities due to slow decision making by committee
    - the company is full of people who get paid well and do nothing because they are friends with the right people. Removing the deadwood would help with morale of many

Advice to Senior Management- focus on developing talent within
    - pay to retain best junior staff (all the best are leaving within 2/3 years)
    - greater scrutiny of senior exec expenses (some are outrageous)
    - remove deadwood employees that are expensive and add zero value. Particularly in the central corporate function
    - your idea of bonus scheme is a joke, even for the global corporate teams

Poor company with no commitment to ensuring new staff are supported and maintained in employment with company!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe trainers do a good job and provide the level of support you would need in the role.

ConsShifts are ludicrous, managers don't provide correct support, not interested in maintaining employees, not paid or given back overtime after shift has ended, holiday system is a joke! Lack of proper organisation and planning skills. People only get better opportunities and progression if you suck up, not actually bothered about supporting and promoting those who do know their job inside out and are fully competent at doing the job. Company is highly promoting on basis of suck ups and a case of if their face fits, nothing to do with if they are able to do the job; which is generally not the case in the ones who get promoted! Overall a company to be avoided unless you like being treated like they own you and can do as they please!
    High turn over of staff due to all of the above and more! A company that's as bad as the coalition government!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTime to actually think about your employees and what's best for them, not what suits the big people at the top! Promote and support people properly.

great

Head of Sales (Former Employee) Nottingham, England

Proscan be a really exciting place to work

Consnot always flexible enough to capture a market opportunity

Advice to Senior Managementneed to be fair

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experian Marketing Executive

ProsGreat place to start your career, amazing people, young environment and investment in employees.

ConsVery red tape-y, things more very slowly, dated technology

Exceptional process, updated regularly and understood the next steps all the way through.

Human Resources Business Partner/Manager (Current Employee) London, England

ProsExcellent package, great extra's, that's the least of my pro's, the atmosphere and general supportive culture is outstanding. Great place to work. The interview and the process that followed was excellent.

ConsThe overall recruitment process was excellent, however a little slow, the upside is that I was kept informed all the way through.

Global Technology Services: Good people, skills, opportunities and re-numeration

ProsPeople - feels like you're working with like minded adults!
    Pay - if you work hard then there is ample opportunity for extra income and advancement
    Travel - plenty of opportunity to travel if in the right role
    Trust - My experience is that employees are given a high level of autonomy

ConsAmerican Centric - sometimes it feels as if the U.S. comes first
    Letting good staff go - too many talented people in lower positions have been let go in cost cutting exercises

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what most management should do, be more: accountable; approachable; reflexive; employee focused; adaptable. Team building should feature more, as should subsidisation for staff events (nights out etc).

Corporate juggernaut

Product Manager (Former Employee) Nottingham, England

ProsGood working environment, conditions and facilities
    Good career opporunities
    Diverse and generally skilled workforce

ConsBeing a corporate juggernaut means it is slow to change and adapt
    Speed to market is a real issue
    Investment in one area is offset by a reduction on others - can be a lottery
    Thinks it is customer focused - it is the opposite

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to be customer/client focussed then put your money where your mouth is. Put it in objectives, mission statements, forecasts and overall company ethos. Instead all it really boils down to is share price - so why retend otherwise?

I left because of the is unertone of saying one thing and doing another.

Business outlook will be good - because all it cares about is share price - if thats what interests you then you'll enjoy it.

Not a company I liked much

Sales/Marketing Area (Former Employee) Nottingham, England

ProsBig, global company with plenty of diversification, so there are opportunities to move and progress. The pay was quite good. I was based mainly in the UK but was able to travel when I needed to. They were flexible and not over-bureaucratic when I requested travel.

ConsI found something oppressive about the way they handled people. I had a (not senior) management role but often felt that I was kept in the dark. It is a very political company and you are either one of the in-crowd or you are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I thought they would react in any way other than to throw back their collective head and guffaw, I might offer some advice.

Good work-life balance but reflected in mediocre pay

ProsWork life balance is good

ConsLimited scope for promotion opportunities

Product Manager

ProsInternational environment and Career path/opportunities

ConsStrategy driven by stock exchange

Worked for Experian? Contribute to the Community!