ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ExxonMobil Chairman and CEO Rex W. Tillerson

Rex W. Tillerson

Pros
  • Great work/life balance outside of month-end close(in 22 reviews)

• The pay and benefits are great as it is big oil(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • This can be a good thing, but not when you desire a strong work/life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Rating & Ranking system is antiquated at best(in 41 reviews)

Good company.

Analyst (Current Employee)

Prosgood hours for the pay

Conslow pay copmared with other industries

It is time to realize that employees make companies.

Asset Management (Current Employee) London, England

ProsHolistic benefits: Health, pension, childd care etc and excessive training: technical and soft skills in some cases

ConsUnderpay compared with peers.Low quality of Management, Low or none career development having invested so much training in employees.

Advice to Senior Managementtime to change: There is not room for egos or being arrogance nowadays. Management still has the thinking about the best and first Oil & gas Major company which reality inside is other. Remember, Employees make a company

Superb training combined with access to professionals/experts

Anonymous (Former Employee) London, England

ProsStrong corporate culture but still retaining the 'close knit' feeling. Caring as long as it fits with policy!

ConsControls, controls and more controls which slows down any decision making.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you are visible to your team even if you are in another country.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a remarkable company

Senior Project Engineer (Current Employee) Aberdeen, Scotland

ProsIt brings out the true potential in you

ConsSalary review are done every few years , this matter should be looked into

Advice to Senior ManagementMore talented professional should be employed as the company growth is unstoppable

Had it's pros and cons

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffered a great training budget which a lot employees didn't seem to take advantage of.

ConsVery difficult to work your way up without a degree. You either had to be willing to wait until you had 10 years experience with them or leave (both real outcomes).

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on ability and delivery versus credentials alone.

It was very rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England

ProsThe culture, challening environment, talented people. There is always room for progress for people that work hard. I reconmend Exxon Mobil.

ConsI find it very hard to point out serious cons with working for Exxon Mobil. I know it is not a place for lazy people.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey keep up the good work. They should continually look for talented, committed and ambitious people to shape the face of energy for the future.

Great people, limited progression

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Manchester, England

ProsGreat people, great mix of cultures and ages.
    Good salary for the work being done
    Good opportunities to progress if in the right place with the right skills

ConsLimited progression once you have moved up the first couple of steps
    Very limited opportunities to move on from the Manchester office

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open with the employees about what is going on and listen to feedback rather than just asking for it for lipservice.

Typical Business Support Center

Analyst (Current Employee) Budapest (Hungary)

ProsThe BSC offers a wide variety of opportunities from IT to Customer Service. If you are smart and can position yourself properly with your managers you can start a good carrier here, including international assignments.

ConsObsession with Safety is crazy considerint it is an office environment. Mandatory job rotation in every 2-3 years. Personal performance is secondary factor in your carrier.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue the experienced colleguages. Focus on real improvement versus virtual ones like safety.

Great company for long term employment and good salary

ProsPays at top of scale. Good vacation policy for new hires with experience. Still has a retirement plan.

ConsVery competitive with ranking system. No 9/80 schedule. Above average stress but well compensated for.

Excellent work experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery disciplined, professional company that is extremely well managed.

Consfinancials drive every decision, difficult to change processes.

Advice to Senior Managementstop moving jobs offshore.

Worked for ExxonMobil? Contribute to the Community!