FMC Reviews

67 reviews filtered by
2.8
FMC Chairman, President, and CEO Pierre Brondeau
Pierre Brondeau

Pros
  • Pay and benefits are good, but they have to pay enough to try and keep people from leaving (in 3 reviews)

• FMC has a fairly stable work force (for those interested in job security) (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management, particularly in HR at Green River (in 3 reviews)

• It being a chemical company the IT department is not given much attention (in 3 reviews)

1. Great place to work

I worked at FMC full-time

Pros

The plant is big enought that you can get involved in a lot of different things, or you can focus in on one specific process. The initial training was very in depth and they made sure you were on the right track

Cons

It was a little isolated from the world, and pretty cold in the winter. That's forgivable though as your also close to the country.

2. I currently work here

Current Employee - Offshore Tech in Aberdeen, Scotland
    Current Employee - Offshore Tech in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at FMC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good if your starting out in oil and gas
    Salary, Day rates
    Training

Cons

Co ordinators that have no experience on offshore jobs
    Attitude towards to people who have an opinion
    Face fits culture
    Too much chiefs and half of them have no experience
    Promoting people with no experience into supervisor roles, overlooking people with experience
    Really bad work/ family life for offshore employees

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees not just the middle managers but the frontline workers
    Stop promoting inexperienced Techs just cause they talk the talk
    Train offshore coordinators so they know what we want offshore and can help us better.
    Promote the experienced workers to supervisor positions instead of inexperienced Techs who have only been in industry less than 2 years

3. Great Experience, love the company, but too short.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at FMC as an intern

Pros

I had positive experience working with FMC Corporation in 2014. They offered me an interesting project and fair compensation. It's a great place to work, I love the experience.

Cons

Don't really have anything bad to say about the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the good work.

Sales

I have been working at FMC full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom in a sales role, great products that literally create their own demand. The products have a good reputation in the ag field. Great benefits, employee longevity (depending on position). You can go places, up or lateral. Mostly good managers.

Cons

HR seems to run this company often overpowering managers and has the final say in almost everything. Company president created a long standing hiring freeze despite a 30 percent rate of growth with the companies bottom line in one year. Positions remain unfilled despite need for headcount. The purchase of a generics competitor has put everything on hold. Marketing in Philadelphia has a clear disconnect with field employees and develops obsessions with pushing products that will not sell in certain areas. They are often deceptive in the way they write their marketing programs, making changes without communication to the field. Too much big company bureaucracy. Employes that are good at BS-ing and/or politically connected, seem to get promoted over those that actually produce and had been in the role producing, for years. Pay is below average for the industry.

Advice to Management

Start investing back in employees and headcount. Pierre Brondeau really needs to stop the stranglehold on this instead of burning out existing employees. Hire talent and fill roles that have been vacant for a long time. Give power back to employee managers who are out there doing the work and know firsthand, rather than HR that sits in a tower in Philly.

6. Wonderful opportunity to work with a intelligent colleagues and be challenged

Former Intern - Data Management Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Intern - Data Management Associate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at FMC as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, friendly staff, meaningful work assignments, and gained a vast amount of knowledge with this experience at FMC. The people care about your success and you feel like a valued team member.

Cons

There was not a single negative experience with my time at FMC.

7. great company

I worked at FMC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They do excellent training and staff

Cons

hours long and pay needs to be increased

Advice to Management

increase compensation

Speaking as a long-tenured employee, I believe FMC's best days are behind it. New management is surely to blame.

I have been working at FMC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers are the best part on my job; without them, wouldn't be worth staying.

Cons

Poor collaboration between business and IT groups, which results in poor solutions. Too much reliance on consultants, who add limited value. New executive management does not understand FMC's business segments at the level they need to, resulting in poor strategic decisions and planning.

Advice to Management

Stop preaching to rank & file about exhibiting good conduct & ethics, while the executive management team doesn't practice what they preach. Stop dismantling a formerly well-diversified company at such an alarming rate. Quarter after quarter, constant over-promising and under-delivering on earnings results; be realistic!

9. A good chemical company

I worked at FMC

Pros

Understand outsourcing and global talent

Cons

Still very rigid in its understanding

Expanded too fast, no longer a good place to work.

I worked at FMC

Pros

Work/life balance but this depends which department you are in. For some people, it is more "life" than "work".
    Compensation/benefits are ok but can be good depending who your boss is.

Cons

Company has expanded too fast and business do not grow enough to cover the costs.
    No real development plan which cause no employee engagement and motivation. Quite a few are just doing minimum work to get by. You can be doing the same job for over 15 years.
    No bonus for non-management staff.
    Hierarchy culture: just do what your boss tells you to. Do not feedback or question why because they do not respond to that. Or they will just say "Just do it because I told you to".
    Lack of training.

Cowboys

I have been working at FMC full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great benefits; people in field are good to work with

Cons

Unless you are in the corporate office, your job is not important. Poor management running things, a bunch of cowboys

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees in the field, the ones making you all the money.