Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you(in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location(in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life(in 24 reviews)

Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic.

Data Scientist (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsNot only is everyone incredibly sharp and very good at their jobs, but also, almost without exception, everyone is a pleasure to work and associate with. I'm given an incredible work/life balance. I feel like working on my team is like working with a close group of friends.

ConsCareer paths not very well defined. My interactions with the executive team have been incredibly positive and inspiring. Unfortunately, I've met many director/VPs who tend to be bro-ish and/or cocky.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess hubris. This applies mostly to director/VP level, many of whom are becoming a little too self-important.

Mediocre managers at best

Software Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsThere are a lot of smart people at Facebook. My colleagues are smart and nice. Even after I left Facebook, I kept my connections with them. With their help, I am able to land a job at a promising job at a top startup.

ConsMy manager knew very little about computer science and the basic principles about software engineering. I feel sorry for him when he mentioned the peer pressure at FB, and showed me "good" examples of code. I do not bother to work with him again.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire managers from outside the company, you need to be careful about their technical skills. Hire more smart new graduates, instead of some mediocre managers from some other companies.

Not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of chances to improve your skills and experience , good place to get that. I really think it is useful working there

ConsBad enviroment in the office , too much competition between workers, thats not good in the long run

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ad Review Analyst

Ad Analyst (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsLovely place to work
    Very Open

ConsThis place is good as it is

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Killing It

Excellent learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent calibre of employee and hiring bar. Big investment in people and developing individuals skills and careers.

ConsBecoming progressively slow moving with more red tape & politics which is natural for a public company but perhaps more so here. Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance.

Best company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery Good work culture, Every individual is appreciated and encouraged. Exciting work

ConsSometimes too much work to handle

A good company

ProsAwesome perks
    Smart colleagues
    Challenging problems to work on

Conswork life balance takes a hit

Excellent

Analyst (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsGives you the opportunity to build your career the way you would like to
    Amazing work culture
    Very supportive and helpful colleagues

ConsSalary, may be but taken care by the benefits that the company has to offer (includes food, pick ups, gym membership)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are awesome! Stay the same way!

An education filled, fast paced environment where you are surrounded by smart and caring people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFast Paced Environment, Strong culture- people care about connecting the world, great perks- free food, dry cleaning, baby cash, work with smart and talented people, work on interesting roblems

ConsIts a growing company- there is never enough time and resources to get everything done. As such, you may be running alot

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management team and culture- give the focus on growing the user base and then monetize

Software Engineer

ProsGood culture
    Food is awesome
    Benefits are awesome

ConsReally don't have any cons to mention

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!