Facebook Reviews

946 reviews filtered by
4.4
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg
Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • You have occasion to work with super smart people from the industry (in 85 reviews)

• Amazing office culture and community and the free food doesn't hurt (in 69 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing that no one will agree with me on is the work-life balance (in 54 reviews)

• Long hours away from home, due to my own commute situation and long working hours (in 26 reviews)

1. Great place to work & grow at!

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The amount of freedom each individual has is amazing. Tons of perks :D The culture is now more balanced, we move fast but also focus on maintaining stability. I had to move to a new country to join Facebook but never felt out of place. Never felt like a job to me.

Cons

We have a very active social life with colleagues, but is limited to weekends with other friends. From what I've seen its tougher to maintain work-life balance once you are married.

2. Friendly people, interesting work but no work-life balance.

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Smart, hardworking people
    - Great internal tools and tech
    - You get a lot of freedom as an employee, and your ideas are valued by your manager and your peers if they are good.
    - Great perks
      - Free food - Great cafeteria and decent selection of snacks and drinks at the micro-kitchen, plus two bars :)
      - Decent gym allowance

Cons

- No work life balance. To be fair, a fair number of people at FB work 40 hour weeks and are pretty successful, but it's not uncommon for people to work 10 hours a day or more, or work on a weekend because they are overloaded with work to do. A lot of people (including me) don't have any friends outside of work.
    - The whole "We're changing the world" thing starts to get old after a while.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job, keep it up! I'm not sure what can be done to address the work-life balance issue, but in my mind that's the only major issue with working at Facebook.

3. Great company to work for

I have been working at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employees travel at business class. The bootcamp is great because it offers flexibility in choosing teams.

Cons

Work life balance is complicated

Strong culture of passion, learning, and engineering excellence

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Strong culture of passion, learning, openness / transparency, direct feedback, and everything is designed around empowering engineers to ship things quickly with a lot of autonomy. Growing everywhere and lots of opportunities for driving projects at whatever level you are able. And the people are wonderful - many of them feel like old friends even though we've worked together only a short time.

Cons

I agree with comments that this is not the place for someone who wants to coast. There's a general feeling that people here believe they're doing some of the most important, best work in their career.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard to keep the culture great.

6. great

Former Intern - Software Engineer in London, England
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Facebook as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

people who work there are great

Cons

nothing there are no cons

7. Amazing company to work for

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in London, England
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Analyst in London, England

I worked at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Smartest people to work with
    - Great benefits (free food for breakfast, lunch, dinner)
    - Healthy work environment and an amazing working culture

Cons

Even though it is a great company to work for, it is still very hard to manage all the tasks you have to perform.

8. a company where I can make impact

Current Employee - Global Marketing Solutions in London, England
    Current Employee - Global Marketing Solutions in London, England

I have been working at Facebook full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone talks about the amazing perks etc. But that is not the biggest pro. The values are. For me the fact that I can do what I am good at, and really make a a huge impact is absolutely fantastic. Things are going very fast, even with the current company size. Maybe even faster. At Facebook there is a saying that every day is a week, and for me that is true. I think it is very special that moving fast and setting high standards of performance this can go hand in hand with being really good to employees too.

Cons

Keeping up with the pace is sometimes hard, and keeping an overview of all the things that happen. I love our internal groups, and responsive people are to help each other. This at least helps me to speed up on things that matter to me in my job

Advice to Management

Facebook has a great mission and a great set of values. Every time the company uses these as a filter to what we are doing, it makes so much sense. If that is for assessing a new solution, a change in the organization set up or an acquisition. My advice is to keep on doing this, and apply this to all Facebook does.

9. software engineer

I have been working at Facebook

Pros

good food, environment, and people here

Cons

I don't know any cons here

10. Fast paced company with incredible positive work culture

Former Employee - MBA Business
    Former Employee - MBA Business

I worked at Facebook full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People (unique, smart, friendly, team oriented), Trainings, Work Culture, Benefits (amazing food!), Flexible Work Hours, International Environment, Global Structure, Values, Opportunities to have impact, Opportunities to work autonomous, flat hierarchy, Amazing Team and Company Events

Cons

Not always clear, which career steps and when they can be pursued.

Advice to Management

Clarify opportunities for development and promotions with ambitious employees instead of hiring externally

11. Really fun and enjoyable

I worked at Facebook

Pros

The offices and co-workers were great and really friendly, and there was a great sense of energy.

Cons

Sometimes there seemed to be a lack of clear direction and communication between offices, which may have been because of language barriers