Facebook

Facebook Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg

Mark Zuckerberg

Pros
  • The best thing about this place is that you have so many smart people around you (in 70 reviews)

• Free food, young and lively coworkers, downtown location (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance (in 42 reviews)

• Long Hours and some times you cant balance work and your personal life (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Disappointing - I worked in FB full time for over a year and was let go over something really minor.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice food, free everything, macbook, iphone as many replacements as you really want... nice campus , free bus to SFO, cool people etc,

ConsPeople spend most of their day just processing tickets. Without the benefits, not a lot would work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo easy on people, you aren't the be all or end all. Glorified service industry jobs with cool surroundings.

Amenities amazing, but you'll work really hard

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsWonderful amenities - the food is just outstanding. Everything is home-made and natural or organic. Wide variety with lots of restaurants, and it's all FREE.
    Beautiful campus, bicycles are available for either going from building to building or going for a ride in the afternoon
    Lots of places to relax or lie down if you need a break
    GREAT coffee and a Philz coffee on campus
    Sweet Stop shop if you need a sugar lift in the PM
    Fantastic help desk for IT issues. Anything you need to do your job is given to you. Laptops and phones are top-of-the-line.
    Something is always happening on campus, whether it's a vendor, a celebrity visitor, or Mark Z making an appearance.

ConsWork is always abundant and there is a chaotic atmosphere
    The feel is always "do it right now"
    People are under a lot of pressure to get things done
    Atmosphere can be impersonal because you're so "hooked in" to everyone else electronically, that you can work from home very easily

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat place to work, keep it up!

Satisfactory

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsVery friendly staff, meals are very good

ConsAt times there can be very little communication intra-day between staff

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter interaction between all levels of staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work...very hard... but this teenager of a company is still trying to figure out its HR policies.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsThe "Move Fast" reputation Facebook is known for is truly how it is inside the company. This makes getting the job done a much less painful experience. Truly an "ask for forgiveness" environment (no need to ask for permission). If there was no downside (which there is), I would give this company a rating of 5 stars hands down.

ConsFacebook is still in its teenage years of development. While many HR processes & policies are mature (the hiring process is best I've seen), fraternization is overlooked (aka sex between coworkers, sometimes even in the office itself) and relationships within chain of command are accepted/overlooked - yet don't dare say "pimp my ride" in an open space as you will get your hands slapped.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou can still have the best culture in the world even when implementing some of the standard HR policies you would expect at any reasonably sized company. Do you really think its OK for relationships be in the chain of command (family, dating, etc)?

Astounding autonomy given to each employee. A very strong culture and work ethic.

Data Scientist (Current Employee) Menlo Park, CA (US)

ProsNot only is everyone incredibly sharp and very good at their jobs, but also, almost without exception, everyone is a pleasure to work and associate with. I'm given an incredible work/life balance. I feel like working on my team is like working with a close group of friends.

ConsCareer paths not very well defined. My interactions with the executive team have been incredibly positive and inspiring. Unfortunately, I've met many director/VPs who tend to be bro-ish and/or cocky.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess hubris. This applies mostly to director/VP level, many of whom are becoming a little too self-important.

Not bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA lot of chances to improve your skills and experience , good place to get that. I really think it is useful working there

ConsBad enviroment in the office , too much competition between workers, thats not good in the long run

Best company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery Good work culture, Every individual is appreciated and encouraged. Exciting work

ConsSometimes too much work to handle

Ad Review Analyst

Ad Analyst (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

ProsLovely place to work
    Very Open

ConsThis place is good as it is

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Killing It

A good company

ProsAwesome perks
    Smart colleagues
    Challenging problems to work on

Conswork life balance takes a hit

Excellent learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent calibre of employee and hiring bar. Big investment in people and developing individuals skills and careers.

ConsBecoming progressively slow moving with more red tape & politics which is natural for a public company but perhaps more so here. Not the most understanding environment when it comes to work/life balance.

Worked for Facebook? Contribute to the Community!