Family Service Association
www.fsaca.org Moreno Valley, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Family Service Association Reviews

Updated Feb 27, 2014
Family Service Association – “Family Service Association (Photo thanks to…”

Dom Betro

Its what you make of it

Grad Trainee (Current Employee)
City of London, England

I have been working at Family Service Association

ProsTraining is good, you get to work on important deals, chance to network with banks / financial services, good work life balance

Consneed to be careful or you could very easily end up in an area that isn't going anywhere. your a public sector employee working in the financial sector.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally they are good, they could be making much more money working for the banks but they are at the fsa. hard to keep staff motivated at times because of economy

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Family Service Association as an intern

ProsGood for getting a variety of MFT-Intern experience. Different programs, ages, and (some) specialized training available, which is good for getting a well-rounded experience as a therapist who is learning their trade. This is the ONLY reason you should ever consider working here. Also, the contracted clinical supervisors are great. Good support and know their stuff.

ConsPay, like many non-profits, is terrible. Favoritism runs rampant in the clinic, and a lot of unprofessional behavior came out of upper management. Although it seems that things have gotten a little better (from what I've heard) as some of the psychotic people have left and more mentally stable people have taken their place. Money is always scarce (unless you are upper management), and therapists have to provide their own supplies (except for charts). Offices are small and some the different satellite locations were in unsafe areas. When the therapists who worked in these places brought concerns to the attention of the management, they were ignored and told to suck it up because everyone had to do this when they were interns. (really?) I guess what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and this place really puts your stamina to the test. I will say, if you can survive here, you can survive anywhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop forgetting you were interns once (and some of you still are - your title doesn't automatically make you better than your peers - and they ARE your peers, licensed or not.). Treat people the way you want to be treated. Use those therapy skills you all learned and show some empathy with your employees. Listen to what they are saying to you. And show some respect. These things are often enough to make up for lack in pay and increases loyalty towards your company. Don't care about loyalty? I know you do care about paying people to attend expensive trainings and they quit 6 mos. later when they got tired of the nonsense. The suggestions above would probably eliminate this trend.

Pretty good place to work

Clinician I (Current Employee)
Moreno Valley, CA (US)

I have been working at Family Service Association full-time for more than a year

Prosflexible schedule, good experience in a variety of programs,

Consdepending on your supervisor you can feel cut off due to size of agency

Advice to Senior Managementtry to create more comrodery with in the agency by doing outside events and offer bonuses

case worker

I have been working at Family Service Association

ProsGood part time job while going through school

Consdocumentation was a lot for the amount of time

Worked for Family Service Association? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Family Service Association reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Family Service Association CEO Dom Betro. All reviews posted anonymously by Family Service Association employees.