Ferrellgas Partners Reviews

Updated 20 August 2014
Updated 20 August 2014

Ferrellgas Partners CEO Stephen L. Wambold
Stephen L. Wambold

Good company to work for with two distinct seasons.

Former Employee - Various Management
    Former Employee - Various Management

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training program for new managers. At least back in 2001, and I don't know why they would have gotten away from it since then.

Cons

A lot of management positions were eliminated when the company started centralizing a lot of the business. This provided a challenge to see future growth opportunities.
    If you are in operations, you will go home smelling like ethylmercaptain frequently. You will get so use to the smell that you will not even realize that you have that odor with you.

I enjoy my driving job.

Current Employee - Driver
    Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Plenty of overtime in the winter. Steady work. In my area they don't lay off driver's seasonally like lots of other propane companies do. Room for growth if you are dedicated and patient.

Cons

Your work schedule can vary as fat as days and hours of duty. On call rotation is tough but manageable.

Listen to the drivers more.

High stress, very high performance expectations

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners

Pros

Work week consists of Monday - Friday, 8-5, weekends off except for an occasional Saturday due to very cold winter or snow storm. Holidays off with pay decent salary.

Cons

Sitting for 8 hours with a head phone talking with 50 % disgruntled customers due to pricing or urgent need for propane, extreme expectations to perform other duties in an unrealistic alloted time frame. 60% focus on stock holders, 20% focus on employees and 20% focus on customers.

Since the company's expectations are so high and the stress level is extreme, think of ways to boost office morale and use group incentives instead of individual. The office runs better as one well oiled machine instead of several neglected machines.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of opportunity to advance your career and position while enjoying a solid work-life balance

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Corporate office has a fun health and family oriented culture, relaxed dress code, great benefits. Flexibility to work different hours and work from home on occasion. This is the most technologically advanced propane company in the world. Work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

There is a bit of silo mentality that exists between corporate departments. Bonuses are dependent upon total company performance which hinges on cold winters and/or low product cost, warm winters with high product cost have resulted in layoffs.

Keep up the great work.

Don't work here!

Former Employee - Bulk Driver  in  Negaunee, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Bulk Driver in Negaunee, MI (US)

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

If things were different, then I could give some pros. The only pro I can think of is that the company is safe conscience.

Cons

Recent company focus/vision change has caused company to fully have the corporate mentality which doesn't care about customers, but instead, just how the numbers look. Also, management where I looked were all about hiring employees that are related in some way, and screwing over veteran employees. Also, the company (especially HR) does not care when an employee clearly was bullied and intimidated by management to the point of anxiety and doing the right thing when it was needed.

Collections Specialist

Current Employee - Collections Specialist  in  Liberty, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Liberty, MO (US)

I have been working at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dress code is very fair . Jeans and shirt. Just no flip flops and holes in the jeans

Cons

No Flex in Schedule . Benefits are not very good. Pay Scale is low.

Have a better open door policy. Higher management is not friendly. HR does not answer Questions ? They say you must go to your direct supervisor. Then when you do that they guess at the answer

I was a former employee

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, competitive income, 401 k program and a company contribution through employee stocks. The blue collar employees are the ones who make the Ferrell gas.

Cons

Training is granted for the "yes people " and the ones who need it most and live for their job do not receive enough training. Upper management criticizes the lower management with very seldom praise if any at all. There're good at preaching numbers and adding more to the lower management so they can burn them out and just wash their hands from removing great people from all that they have. "Employment"

Take care of your employees and listen to them when they need support. Give praise when when needed. Stop being degrading and and only care about yourself and preach being a leader. Because upper management need to be great leaders before their lower management roles will lead and not just manage. Be truthful and man up when you do wrong and not allows point fingers to absorb your faults and mistakes.

Worst Management ever in Indiana

Former Employee - CSS/Lead CSS and Dispatcher
    Former Employee - CSS/Lead CSS and Dispatcher

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was good, co-workers nice

Cons

Was harassed and bullied by Ops Manager and general Manager. Upper management was always changing, changing rules, not adjusting prices to be competitive. Manager liked to play tricks and shut water off to building so i could not flush the toilet, tacs put in my chair, car in parking lot messed with. Reported to Corporate, but the good ole boys, ratted me out and made things worse.. Worst experience in my life.

Clean house on good ole boys, all buddies with CEO...

Great experience!

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I was able to become a leader by learning from all types of leaders while there.

Cons

No cons, everything was perfect.

Keep doing the great job you are doing!

Nice people with a lot of company politics

Former Employee - CSS
    Former Employee - CSS

I worked at Ferrellgas Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was good, fellow employees and drivers were nice - benefits were good if you've been there long enough, employee ESOP

Cons

Management changed things every other week or so - mostly stemming from corporate - you have to roll with the punches or shut up if you don't like it.

Try putting yourself in our shoes, deal with the customers one on one - have answers available or at least try to get one if you don't have it, Everyone should work as a team, that was not done at times.

Worked for Ferrellgas Partners? Contribute to the Community!