Fidelity Investments

3.4 1,567 reviews

Fidelity Investments Chairman and CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

1,567 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Great work-life balance - excellent place for employees with family commitments"
    in 126 reviews
  • "Great benefits offer if you plan on staying long term"
    in 163 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work-life balance options is only supported in some business units"
    in 36 reviews
  • "Senior management doesn't do much to prop up employee morale and resolve issues"
    in 61 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good people, Good environment

Project Manager (Current Employee)
Kingswood, South East England, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

ProsGood people, Good environment, reasonable work life balance. Comparative level of success with offshore teams. Performance review process was reasonably clear as work had been done to improve on better linking this with the bonus to differentiate between staff.

ConsPay could be improved, transport links to office were not good, if you missed the private coach slot due to a late train then you had to pay £20 for a taxi to the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more effort into Talent management and talent retention by providing increased opportunities for rising stars to grow their career within the company rather than moving on.

Managers are two faced

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
Lower Kingswood, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work mates, big company, good food, good pension

ConsLong hours, weekend working, poor training,two faced managers, unqualified managers, no progression, very high turnaround.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being such two faced. Offer help to those who ask for it, and when an employee comes to talk to you in confidence, make sure it stays that way.

Fidelity

UK Institutional Team (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge, well known company so good on your CV.

ConsLots of back stabbing, fake people, bad bonus, hardly any pay rise, very political, doesnt have a smooth working process and getting data is hard as there are so many sources. You have to know people to be able to get data!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look after your staff more instead of brown-nosing the whole time.

Good benefits, poor pay, constant management change, little respect for employees

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Fidelity Investments

ProsUsed to be a good company to work for, still a good brand on Resume, colleagues at the Analyst & Fund Manager level were smart.

ConsPoor pay. Management constantly changes the strategic direction - every 6 months the investment team is presented with a new plan. Get the impression they are constantly in fear of losing their job as performance is pretty bad, so get out of jail card is a new 'plan'. Building fiefdoms is a key activity of middle-management, especially on the DOR team. HR just seems to follow management around to see what they are required to do next - no strategic direction at all, 'yes-man' mentality. Fidelity pays so badly that it really is not a long-term career option - benefits to your Resume after 1 year are more or less the same as after 5 years and even 10 - so makes sense to leave after 3-4 years. However, the most disappointing thing about this company, is that there is no concern for employees, you are just a cog in the wheel.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis used to be a great company before 2005. There is probably still a chance to turned it around.

A little big and bureaucratic but you get to work with some of the best people in the industry.

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

ProsStrong brand name, career development, you can work anywhere else after being at Fidelity Investments. Growing the business even now.

ConsMuch politics, senior management seem very remote due to number of management layers, left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure the workforce are all driving in the same direction, cut down management layers and costs that go with them.

Company better recognised than the employees

Research Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

ProsExtremely well recognised in the City and a lot of sway with companies and brokers; great opportunities to learn. A lot of freedom to run your own diary and pursue ways that you think will add value to the research process.

ConsMost of the fund managers and other analysts have their own agenda and so it can be quite fragmented in terms of communication, and accordingly recognition, unless you really make an effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause of the size of the company, it seems that there is not much meritocracy at the lower levels of the organisation, with not much difference in pay or recognition for those that put in the extra mile.

good organisation to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 5 years

Proswork life balance, employee satisfaction

Consdon't have any cons to say.

Wonderful place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fidelity Investments

ProsA Great company and benefits!

ConsWork life balance and travel were difficult.

good

Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Prosfriendly environment. lots of opportunity.lots of learning

ConsThere is no issue in the process or work culture of fidelity investment.

Stable Company but lots of red tape

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee)
Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat career place. Many people stay there for 10+ years.
Depending on your department and manager, very flexible with work/life
Salary is average to good. Benefits and bonuses are great
I stayed over 8 years because of how well I was treated. Decided to move on just to expand my knowledge but I wouldn't rule out a return some day.

ConsAdvancement is difficult due to the sheer number of employees. They can't have everyone it a VP level so some people will stagnate.
Sometimes the red tape would get in the way and cause a small decision to take weeks to resolve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!

Fidelity Investments Videos

Fidelity Investments – Why Work for Us?

Fidelity Investments has a rich and proud history and has grown to become a leading provider of a wide range of services, including investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fidelity Investments reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fidelity Investments CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III. All 1,567 reviews are posted anonymously by Fidelity Investments employees.