Fidelity Investments

3.7
1,823 Reviews

Fidelity Investments Chairman and CEO Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III
Edward C. “Ned” Johnson, III

Pros
  • GOOD work-life balance: very rarely expected to work overtime (in 161 reviews)

• Great Benefits, Employee friendly, but sometimes overkill with thousands of policies (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • Company expects all dedication to work with little regard to work/life balance (in 50 reviews)

• Lot of high level (senior management) politics played in a dirty manner (in 70 reviews)

More Highlights

business management

Current Employee - Business Analyst Consultant  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Business Analyst Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The work is quite easy. not a lot to do,

Cons

I pretty much do nothing but get paid for it.

speed things up and work out the efficincies

Very strange setup at Oakhill House

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tonbridge, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonbridge, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant, secluded offices set at the edge of an estate in a converted mansion.

Cons

Staff are locals, who want to stay forever and are not really interested in advancing, just happy to get their City salaries outside of the City.

Don't put different and unrelated silos together, as the resultant lack of crossover means there is no dynamism, development, sense of coming together...

Managers are two faced

Current Employee - Client Service Associate  in  Lower Kingswood, England
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Lower Kingswood, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work mates, big company, good food, good pension

Cons

Long hours, weekend working, poor training,two faced managers, unqualified managers, no progression, very high turnaround.

Stop being such two faced. Offer help to those who ask for it, and when an employee comes to talk to you in confidence, make sure it stays that way.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fidelity

Current Employee - UK Institutional Team  in  London, England
    Current Employee - UK Institutional Team in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than a year

Pros

Large, well known company so good on your CV.

Cons

Lots of back stabbing, fake people, bad bonus, hardly any pay rise, very political, doesnt have a smooth working process and getting data is hard as there are so many sources. You have to know people to be able to get data!

Please look after your staff more instead of brown-nosing the whole time.

Good benefits, poor pay, constant management change, little respect for employees

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  London, England
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in London, England

I worked at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Used to be a good company to work for, still a good brand on Resume, colleagues at the Analyst & Fund Manager level were smart.

Cons

Poor pay. Management constantly changes the strategic direction - every 6 months the investment team is presented with a new plan. Get the impression they are constantly in fear of losing their job as performance is pretty bad, so get out of jail card is a new 'plan'. Building fiefdoms is a key activity of middle-management, especially on the DOR team. HR just seems to follow management around to see what they are required to do next - no strategic direction at all, 'yes-man' mentality. Fidelity pays so badly that it really is not a long-term career option - benefits to your Resume after 1 year are more or less the same as after 5 years and even 10 - so makes sense to leave after 3-4 years. However, the most disappointing thing about this company, is that there is no concern for employees, you are just a cog in the wheel.

This used to be a great company before 2005. There is probably still a chance to turned it around.

Good people, Good environment

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Kingswood, South East England, England
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Kingswood, South East England, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Good people, Good environment, reasonable work life balance. Comparative level of success with offshore teams. Performance review process was reasonably clear as work had been done to improve on better linking this with the bonus to differentiate between staff.

Cons

Pay could be improved, transport links to office were not good, if you missed the private coach slot due to a late train then you had to pay £20 for a taxi to the office.

Put more effort into Talent management and talent retention by providing increased opportunities for rising stars to grow their career within the company rather than moving on.

A little big and bureaucratic but you get to work with some of the best people in the industry.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Strong brand name, career development, you can work anywhere else after being at Fidelity Investments. Growing the business even now.

Cons

Much politics, senior management seem very remote due to number of management layers, left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing.

Make sure the workforce are all driving in the same direction, cut down management layers and costs that go with them.

Company better recognised than the employees

Current Employee - Research Analyst  in  London, England
    Current Employee - Research Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Fidelity Investments

Pros

Extremely well recognised in the City and a lot of sway with companies and brokers; great opportunities to learn. A lot of freedom to run your own diary and pursue ways that you think will add value to the research process.

Cons

Most of the fund managers and other analysts have their own agenda and so it can be quite fragmented in terms of communication, and accordingly recognition, unless you really make an effort.

Because of the size of the company, it seems that there is not much meritocracy at the lower levels of the organisation, with not much difference in pay or recognition for those that put in the extra mile.

Call center experience.

Former Employee - Registered Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Registered Representative in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Extremely well managed. The training I received was by far the best I received in any corporation I've worked in. There were constant opportunities to add more training. Once you've been in a position for at least six months you can apply to transfer departments or advancement.The process was easy. Management was generally hired from within.

Cons

Even small infractions of company policy or procedures were a permanent part of your employee record. Even these minor things came up in my department transfer interview. In spite of this I was still successful. During a training week I was given a written warning about using foul language. I never had. That was someone else, but I was written up despite the fact it wasn't me. There was no process for defending oneself when accused.

Great Company. Great Benefits

Former Employee - Summer Analyst  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Summer Analyst in Boston, MA (US)

I worked at Fidelity Investments as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Fidelity was a great experience for my summer internship. Good pay. Great Benefits. Paid time off. `

Cons

The company being private makes it very difficult for things to get done from the higher-ups. Also everything is done for 'The Family"

Fidelity Investments Photos

Worked for Fidelity Investments? Contribute to the Community!