Fifth Third Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

Updated 26 September 2014
Updated 26 September 2014
3.2

Fifth Third President, CEO, and Director; President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Kevin T. Kabat
Kevin T. Kabat

Pros
  • Work-life balance is easily attained when working at Fifth Third Bank (in 19 reviews)

• Worked with some awesome people; good benefits in line with what others offer (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • New upper management in the Chicago area have a personal agenda (in 29 reviews)

• Sales goals are not realistic and the training was inadequate (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

135 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fair Workplace

Current Employee - Capital Markets Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Capital Markets Analyst in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Given opportunity to work independently and grow within curent department.

Cons

Somtimes there are long hours during SD project

Great company!

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Hard working people, great flexibility in certain positions. Good environment, enjoyable work. Felt committed to the job and serving the customers.

Cons

Staff was lean, one person does work that should be divided by many. Industry changes constantly which can be unsettling.

Make employees feel secure and acknowledge the hard work they do

My 10 years have been challenging.

Current Employee - Retail Personal Banker  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Retail Personal Banker in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Upper management will always listen.

Cons

To grow with the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyed the work, the people and the experience

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third part-time for more than a year

Pros

On most given days I enjoyed the work, the customers and my coworkers.

Cons

Pay was low and incentive pay wasn't very much.

If companies like Costco pay 11.50 an hour to stock shelves then a teller should make at least $12 an hour.

Good overall, could be happier, though

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Cold Spring, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cold Spring, KY (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible with schedules, get floating holidays

Cons

Promotions are hard to come by

Manager unfair with scheduling weekend work hours (I work in a bank mart setting), usually get stuck working weekends when manager is off

Great people, culture hard to work with

Current Employee - Financial Staff Auditor  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Staff Auditor in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people that work at Fifth Third are great. Work-life balance around 40hrs/week and fairly flexible. Job very consistent and did not change very often. Invested a lot into you as an employee training wise. Good health benefits.

Cons

Staff was not recognized for their hard work - criticized on negative rather than focusing on positives. A lot of inefficiencies in the company's processes, which would save time and money. Politics and cattiness with managers was horrible to deal with every day. If you were not on someones good side, you most likely would be portrayed negatively among the division.

Get feedback from the staff and associates. They are the one doing the work and would like to be listened to.

one of the best places I have work

Former Employee - Lockbox Processor  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Lockbox Processor in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Fifth Third part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the hours they offer are good for me, it let me still be home with my child. The work area is nice to work and easy to move around.

Cons

cafeteria not open on weehends

Senior Business Analyst

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I have been working at Fifth Third full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Young professionals in the leadership training programs can leapfrog those with more experience and stronger skills.

Cons

Highly political environment where having the correct people like you means far more than the work you do. Very petty and unprofessional environment. Compensation and benefits are being deeply cut for next year.

Don't value employees as workers or people

Former Employee - Developer  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Developer in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

As an IT employee of over 15 years, the benefits seemed to be in line with most companies of similar size in the Cincinnati area. Work from home policy was very flexible. Relaxed dress code in some locations.

Cons

Management at all levels has really stopped communicating with the employees at the worker bee level. They don't listen and the don't talk to that level. Too much time spent in meetings. Very slow to adapt to change. Antiquated systems. They stopped treating people like human beings and more like replaceable parts. No training opportunities at all. Very hard to get recognized. Only way to get promoted was to move to a different area.

Promote from within, offer training (onsite and offsite), invest in your employees, communicate on a regular basis with the worker bees

OK Company ... Bad Culture

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I worked at Fifth Third full-time for more than a year

Pros

Had a good branch manager, okay incentives for sales, room for growth in other areas of the bank (besides retail banking), good employee benefits.

Cons

Terrible culture for women, most senior management are men with 'the good ol' boys' mentality.

At the short time I was there, they got rid of the Customer Service Manager position, which was >80% women who had hit a (short) glass ceiling within the company. This move lost them a lot of organizational knowledge, leading to diminishing customer service.

Policy changes are not communicated well with the employees.

The branch I was employed at was in a high-crime area, and 5/3 provided little security, leading to altercations with outraged customers.

Fifth Third Photos

Fifth Third Bank offices at 424 Church Street, Nashville, TN (Photo attributed to F McGady - )
Fifth Third
Fifth Third Bank offices in 1000 Town Center, Southfield detroit. (Photo attributed to Dave Parker - )
Fifth Third Bank headquarter offices in Cincinnati, Ohio (Photo attributed to Derek Jensen - licensed under the CCL Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0)

+ Add Photo

Worked for Fifth Third? Contribute to the Community!