Fiserv

Fiserv Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki

Jeffery Yabuki

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance makes you tolerate more than you would at another place"
    in 47 reviews
  • "The ability to work from home was nice (though this has been discontinued)"
    in 19 reviews
Cons:
  • "Very silo-ed work business units cause unnecessary red tape"
    in 35 reviews
  • "It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses"
    in 34 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great company...bad management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fiserv

Pros- Great environment with flexible working
- Very passionate team members
- Fairly good package
- Opportunity to gain more experience

Cons- Very small pay increases (get as much as you can upon offer)
- Senior Management like to think they are able to change, but very rarely happens unless you are in favour
- Very political environment with mini-empires based in different offices
- Poor HR service
- Little respect for associates
- Many very successful software products lose favour the moment they are no longer profitable, and very rarely will they invest in new technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your management structure, and bring in some more effective HR across all levels. Listen to your associates about development and the market in most cases they know more than you think you know and invest in the market leading products you have

A good start

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than a year

ProsA good place to start a career. You will get thrown in and on a lot of varied projects and pick up a lot of skills you won't learn in school. I've always came out learning more after every project. In a year I have worked with services, web, windows form and all kinds of other projects. It is really good when you are figuring out what projects you will like and what you want to work on. I may have a lot of negatives for the project management side but I like my coworkers and I like my manager.

ConsThere are a lot of corporate hoops to go through. Anything past your manager just seems to get in your way. You can get overloaded with work if you don't know how to manage the corporate pipeline. If you can't estimate your time well you can get bogged down. If they even think you might not be busy you can end up with too much work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWaterfall style is abysmal. Especially when you throw in customer commitments at any and every opportunity. You need to have a more flexible/agile approach or not push so hard to hit estimates that get blown up when requirements get changed/rushed at the end of project with a commitment nobody has heard about.

A growing company with motivation to provide a healthy work environment to associates.

Lead Network Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery technical environment with lots of collaboration. Associate benefits are always improving.

ConsThe company is consolidating redundant functions which is good for business but bad for the associate with a redundant position.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep a more watchful eye on middle management. Some do not share the vision of corporate and do not buy into the corporate mantra.

Personally, my experience has been generally positive so far.

Client Services (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI really enjoy the actual work that I do (position suits me well).

ConsAlmost zero growth opportunities. In my role I have pretty much topped out. For several years I have brought this up during my annual review and have presented ideas, plans, etc. to substantiate that I want to continue growing. While it is hard to actually complain as I am still employed and make a fair salary, I throw myself into my work and that becomes a challenge when there are not any advancement opportunities. Overall the workplace environment is positive...some great people, great clients, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow the staff who are largely responsible for the success of Fiserv that you are as equally committed to them as they are to the company. Don't just promote people because they have a high technical skillset (which may actually be a detraction at the Management level) or because they are liked or have been there for a long time. Reward those who make a difference by having career/advancement opportunities available for them to EARN. While I like very much what I do I know I am not going to remain satisfied in my current role until retirement. Give me a reason to not start looking elsewhere.

Leadership lacks. Employees committed.

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat people, trying to do right by clients.

ConsWork overload. Difficult to manage all the work and business coming in the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe bold. Hire.

The company is a paradox

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe associates are passionate about doing the right thing for the clients

ConsTrying to work on too many things makes it difficult to implement anything

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

For the most part I liked working for Fiserv, however wished they did not sell of the H&F department.

Account Executive, Inside Sales, Account Manager (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH (US)

I worked at Fiserv full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI liked the industry and the people that I worked with

Consmanagement turn- over and focus

Solid company; good working experience

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for less than a year

ProsGood management practices, and a real commitment to improving leadership. Management staff all seem to be committed to excellence at their respective jobs. Many career opportunities, they prefer to promote from within and hard work is rewarded. Ability to work from home and needed, with no guilt attached. By far this is the most flexible employer I have ever worked for.

ConsThe work day is long - 9 hours at the office with a 1-hour unpaid break is typical.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider upgrading computer equipment, it's a little out-dated.

Good place to work. Solid company with great earnings potential. High employee churn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fiserv

ProsCareer pathing opportunities are plentiful.
Great training.
Good culture.

ConsDivisional management regularly turns-over employees for the sake of showing FISV Exec Team that they are making change and managing to bottom line. Loss of domain knowledge and continuity with Client Service.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees - they are your greatest asset.

Lots of potential, not enough investment

I have been working at Fiserv full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat people, strong products, good work/life balance

ConsC-level suite is too focused on bottom line and does not invest in people
Corporate push is to drive more efficiencies into the organization, however, C-Level suite does not provide adequate investment to assist in achieving those efficiencies making it difficult for middle and senior management to succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace a higher value on talent at all levels
Streamline technology processes to make it easier to achieve business goals.

Worked for Fiserv? Contribute to the Community!

Fiserv Videos

Fiserv – Why Work for Us?

Quick Facts Year founded: 1984 Headquarters: Brookfield, Wisconsin Locations: 155 worldwide Employees: Approximately 21,000 Revenue: $4.48 billion in 2012 Who We Are Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fiserv reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fiserv CEO Jeffery Yabuki. All 698 reviews are posted anonymously by Fiserv employees.