Fiserv

Updated 25 November 2014
2.6

Fiserv President, CEO, and Director Jeffery Yabuki
Jeffery Yabuki

Pros
  • The work-life balance was exactly what I was looking for--40 hour work week (in 72 reviews)

• Current technologies with the option to work from home with manager approval (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for many employees since this is a global company (in 23 reviews)

• It's all about trying to meet NOP just so that senior management can get their bonuses (in 41 reviews)

More Highlights

Great global coverage. Not that interested in people development

Current Employee - Principal in London, England
    Current Employee - Principal in London, England

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great clients and breadth of work

Cons

Lack of responsibility. Run an an autocracy

Trust your staff!

Great company...bad management

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

- Great environment with flexible working
    - Very passionate team members
    - Fairly good package
    - Opportunity to gain more experience

Cons

- Very small pay increases (get as much as you can upon offer)
    - Senior Management like to think they are able to change, but very rarely happens unless you are in favour
    - Very political environment with mini-empires based in different offices
    - Poor HR service
    - Little respect for associates
    - Many very successful software products lose favour the moment they are no longer profitable, and very rarely will they invest in new technology.

Change your management structure, and bring in some more effective HR across all levels. Listen to your associates about development and the market in most cases they know more than you think you know and invest in the market leading products you have

Great company. Great people. Innovative. Deflating release processes.

Former Employee - Manager, Software Development
    Former Employee - Manager, Software Development

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many opportunities to work with brilliant people. Diverse set of skills across the organization. Many individuals have deep knowledge of technology and the industry. Excellent benefits. Generous 401k matching.

Cons

Too often the wrong roles are making product road map decisions. Frequently changing release schedules is deflating to those who work so hard for the overall success of the products and company.

Bonus goals seem non-achievable since year after year the stock price goes up, but employees are told that bonuses will be a small fraction of their target amount due to financial goals not being met.

Rein in over-bearing senior managers that derail sound release management. Otherwise, credibility with clients will continue to erode. Every company has its prima donnas. It's important to identify and mentor them, as well.

Be more transparent about bonus potential so that employee expectations can be managed effectively.

Innovative Products and Services

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fiserv will take companies into the next generation. Forward thinking and will continut to be a successful company. Ability to work from home is a great bonus.

Cons

Very large company- decsions are slow. Very process intensive and decsions are only made at the exective level. Seems to have high turn over rate.

Fiserv has great employees, management needs to trust them to make decsions with out the intensive governance process

I'm Not Happy, But I have A Paycheck

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Associate in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As far as call centers go, Fiserv does have the best one I have worked in. Clean, bright environment. Friendly people. Lots of "morale" activities. Nice benefits, even if they are pricey. The potential to earn a bonus each quarter. It is not hard to move around in the department which is nice because supporting the same thing for months and months can become tedious. Some flexibility of schedule. The annual review process does give you a voice to talk about the things you have accomplished through the year which is good. It does seem like the management in the call center tries to recognize people when they have done well, or have gone above and beyond. Some opportunity for project work and experience outside of your normal position.

Cons

Call Center metrics are aggressive and possibly unattainable if you aren't cutting corners which can be very frustrating. Compensation for most call center associates is poor. Occurrence system is pedantic at best and wildly disrespectful of the fact that human beings are not robots nor do their lives revolve around Fiserv. There needs to be better career paths for call center associates. There does seem to be a LOT of cronyism going on.

The Call Center environment (in any company) is an incredibly challenging environment to be an associate in. Being successful at the associate level, as it stands (in ANY call center), often requires you to sacrifice your basic needs, as well as suffer high levels of disrespect on a daily basis. It would be really great if we could change the current paradigm. I have heard so many associates talk about getting a "grown up job" when discussing how much they are dissatisfied working in the call center at Fiserv. This is because in our pursuit to please the client and drive service levels into the green, those of us working on the front lines are treated as children made to justify our ever action or lack there of. You are ranked and valued based on the most recent metrics report. Previous excellence and future potential mean very little and we associates are told that every day. Respect the associates as much as you do the customers and clients we serve. Make this feel like a "grown up job."

Fiserv, innovative financial services company

Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I worked at Fiserv full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Completely transparent, you get what you are promised. Cool technology in bill pay products coming out frequently. If you do what you say you will, you will be recognized for your contributions.

Cons

I worked away from corporate office and often there was disconnect between home office and our office.

Continue to find the talents of people and give them responsibilities and financial benefit. Great employees throughout company waiting to do more.

Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Intern in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Fiserv as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great pay for an internship.
    Great managers and coworkers.
    Friendly work environment.
    Casual attire.
    On-campus cafeteria.
    Growing company.

Cons

Lack of growth opportunities.
    Underwhelming and isolating office spaces.
    Lack of responsibilities.
    Too many hoops to jump through to get anything done (Corporate policies I suppose).

Too many changes

I worked at Fiserv

Pros

Depending on the department, you may just have an awesome supervisor. I was never micro-managed, so that was great.

Cons

Before all of the changes took place, this was a great company to work for. Suddenly, top management changed and all the new managers started hiring their friends and everything went crazy. Everyone's workload wasn't evenly distributed and things just became drastically unfair.

Appreciate those who have worked in the trenches for this company instead of swapping them out for your friends who know little to nothing. You're the reason the turnaround rate is increasing drastically.

They understand banking technology -- but not much about marketing

Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Writer in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Fiserv as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Solid company that is well-positioned in their market -- banking technology. Given the nature of their product, they are data-driven with measurable goals and expectations.

Cons

I worked in the marketing department. The business decisions around branding and marketing were politically-driven with the total focus on pleasing people of influence within the organization.

Create a culture that invites customer-focused thinking and less concerned about internal dynamics

Good Experience

I have been working at Fiserv full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You get to learn lot more about Processes and Banking.
    My experience was quite good. People can maintain good work-life balance.

Cons

Very low level politics. Even though higher management is good but team politics is damn dirty.