Flextronics

Flextronics Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Flextronics CEO and Director Mike McNamara

Mike McNamara

Pros
  • Benefits are nice and depending on position work life balance is good(in 15 reviews)

• Work environment is safe and security guards on duty all the time(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • When you are really bust work life balance can be tough(in 13 reviews)

• Upper management doesn't really communicate well with clients and has no business skills to run the whole projects(in 11 reviews)

Some good times and a few bad ones

ProsSome really good people work here, some really hard workers

ConsWay too many chiefs, hanger's, leaners and networking career climbers. Poor work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing your strategy every 6 months

Lot of opportunity at the higher levels

ProsGreat opportunity for those willing to take initiative
    Fast paced environment with little tolerance for bureaucracy
    Good people culture without inter division politics that I have seen at similar sized companies

ConsOperations focus often leads to tactical, 'low risk and low rewards' near term decisions
    Senior management are starting to adopt a more strategic approach but may take time for rank and file to change behaviors

Advice to Senior ManagementThink like a product company and feel free to be open to more ideas and taking some risks

HRIS

ProsGood opportunity, benefit good, flexibel

ConsNot stable, a lot director poistion

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The revolving door

Technician (Former Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsVery competitive salary and as much overtime as you can handle.

ConsWhen times are lean and overtime is a bad word then it is time to update your resume. When the axe comes down it is swift and painless.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the qualified talent and not just the "yes" people and there will be less of a let down in production when layoffs are neccessary.

good learning

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosenvironment exposure culture benefit name skills set salary

Consinstability never secure companies blur top management plan in vague

Advice to Senior Managementdiversify

Best place to see what you are made of

Test Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros1. If you are a decided person nobody will stop you transpose your ideas to reality; you are always encouraged to improve things and not to be satisfied with sufficient
    2. Quarterly bonuses, vacation bonuses

Cons1. Highly dynamical work environment, always in a change, so you always have to adapt and your work seems to always never reach a goal
    2. Have to take care of small administrative tasks that are very time consuming and do not have any value added to your knoeledge

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people.

Good Place to Learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Johor Bahru (Malaysia)

ProsGreat learning opportunity in cost control, NPI, contract management and lean manufacturing. Opportunity to learn about new products and manufacturing methods.

ConsHave to deal with the variances in customer order fluctuations that will not help in optimizing production and inventories. Career growth limited. Frequent lay off exercises in operating and management ranks. Very long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus to enable employee commitment vs creating a high stress environment.

Current Employee

ProsOpportunities to grow, great people to work with, flexible schedule.

ConsProvide more Leadership development training

Fast paced.

ProsAbundant resources to help you.

ConsConstantly changing both good and bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more communicative.

It helped me mature and get a very intensive experience, which contributed crucially in my career.

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Sorocaba, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsI got an intensive experience, I could understand and follow the company's politics effectively. My direct managers had a very wide experiences, thus I could learn and develop a lot.
    I had crucial opportunities of growth, I was promoted once a year and could have experience in several departments of the company.

ConsThe workload is really heavy, for a period I had about 60hs of overtime monthly (beyond the normal 45hs weekly). Some people get really stressed due the pressure for results (this made me mature a lot and learn how to deal with it, but some people get really bad for that, even sick).
    The food they offered in the company's restaurant was really bad, many people (including myself) brought food from home - some days it was impossible to eat the food offered.
    The food was a huge problem for me, I spent a lot of money eating out or a lot of work bringing food from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would be happy to pay a little more for the food benefit if they could improve the food quality, as I stated in the Cons, it was a huge problem for me.

Worked for Flextronics? Contribute to the Community!