Fluor

Fluor Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Fluor CEO David T. Seaton

David T. Seaton

Pros
  • 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect (in 15 reviews)

• The working environment at company is very good and better than most of the competitors in the market (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management is too disconnected from project employees and mid-level management (in 11 reviews)

• Big Company mentality sometimes, too many Chiefs (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to work for chemical and process engineers

Process Engineer (Current Employee) London, England

ProsHighly professional
    The way the Company treat employees is very good, paying a lot of attention to people willingness.
    The number of resources available to employees is really high

ConsExpatriates policies may not be always clear and accessible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPolicies and career opportunities/plans for Expatriates can be improved.

Avoid this company at all costs.

Process Engineer (Former Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

ProsSalary is good.I think that's it. Benefits are poor. 9 day fortnight is supposed to make your work/life balance perfect... But Managers expect you to work off Fridays.

ConsProcedures driven. Managers are largely absent, but expectation that you will give your life to the company. Expected to arrive before 7am, and not leave until gone 7pm. Only expected to put 40 hours on timecard. All staff deemed Lazy and incompetent unless you are a manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage. Talk to staff... Listen.

Possibly the worst company to work for

ProsWhat can I say, I really cannot think of anything good to say about this company at all. It was conveniently located close to my home so I was able to walk to work

ConsAbsence of communication from senior management. Company has appointed US expats to senior management positions with no concept of UK employment legislation.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open and honest with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for.

Process Engineering Manager (Former Employee) Camberley, England

ProsLarge and high calibre peer group. Provides access to a great amount of technical standards and guidelines. Technical support from various centres the world over is truly amazing.

ConsSome of the senior staff are well-entrenched for years and seem to view new staff as threats. Group meetings of project staff are rarely held. Project work force tends to be too large and unwieldy.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to bring in fresh thoughts and break up the old-fashioned heirarchical functioning.

a world-class company, probably the best in its field

Design Engineer I - Civil/Structural (Former Employee) Farnborough, Berkshire, South East England, England

Pros1) Good, capable management
    2) Lots of knowledge
    3)very organized

Cons1) Maybe not the highest salaries

Advice to Senior ManagementGood work guys!

Great Company to work for

Project Information Manager (Current Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

Pros- Very process driven organisation - but thats not a bad thing in this case
     - Fairly flat management structure
     - A high focus on technical competence on employees and delivering that to clients

Cons- Limit to how far/quickly you can grow if you are not an engineer
     - You may be stuck with a duff project and not be able to move on until the project is over, or you leave the company

keep off

Technical Translator (Former Employee) Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England

ProsJust salary, they really pay good rate for staff and contractors

ConsFor money you are paid they expect you to be below low profile and never show your abilities, experience of ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove control for Section heads, check up on people's personal profiles, you will find something really new about what is going on inside of your departments.

Friendly place to work but poor communication from senior management

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Camberley, England

ProsFriendly place to work. Colleagues are all ways helpfull and willing to share knowledge.

ConsOver worked with little recognition for extra effort made to cope with tight proejct dealines. Poor to nonexistent communication from senior management since the company is growing far too fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication to your staff is vital for employee moral to to prevent alienation. Greater reward should be made to employees going the extra mile.

Fluor is one of the best companies to work for.

Senior Manager O&M (Current Employee) Point Comfort, TX (US)

ProsThere is an incredible amount of freedom to work your specialty and contribute to teams that are focused on the customer's success.

ConsThere are some sites where Fluor standards and values are not always conveyed effectively through local management.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsolidate and franchise every aspect of the Fluor experience t every site and help the teams develop and succeed. Never leave a site team without the proper supervision and leadership.

Great

Cashier (Former Employee) Garland, TX (US)

ProsWonderful Leadership and excellent benefits.

ConsNo Challenges to speak of.

Worked for Fluor? Contribute to the Community!