Forest Labs

Updated Jul 04, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brenton L. Saunders

Pros
  • It was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities(in 12 reviews)

• Good Benefits and work life balance(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • With new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled(in 7 reviews)

• Work-life balance is a challenge, constant change, company going through integration, job cuts(in 3 reviews)

Great place to work

Absence Management Specialist (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsFamily oriented-great management-down to earth

ConsGreat career opportunity if it were not for the merger.

Was a great company to work for

Engineer (Former Employee) Hauppauge, NY (US)

ProsGood Benefits and work life balance

ConsNew CEO biggest liar I ever heard

Advice to Senior ManagementToo bad you sold out!

Business Analyst

ProsEmployee's benefits are excellent! It is pretty flexible.

ConsLots of politics going on.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Forest was a good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsGood benefits including stock options and profit sharing, good location, flexible hours, good working relationship with direct managers, co-workers good to work with.

ConsRecent restructuring allowed unqualified and narcissistic people to be in managerial positions turning the working environment in the department TOXIC. Their unprincipled behavior should be used as a "bad manager" case study example for business schools.The unethical practices that took place were even overlooked by upper management.

Forest

Senior Director (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNew Opportunities as the company is merging with actavis. Exciting leadership

ConsLots of turnover and consolidation

Has been a fun ten years....

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsNice work environment, good beni package, nice perks. the place you could see your self retiring from. Never had layoffs until 2009.

Conslayoffs and more layoffs. In the middle of a merger, the end is near, hope R&D survives nobody knows.... except high up management.

Good growth company, but likely to change due to its acquisition by Activis

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmaller pharma company with good products, intelligent people, less bureaucracy than big pharma.

ConsCompany hasn't adapted well to changes in the marketplace, resulting in vulnerability to acquisition.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain the best people for the long-term and be willing to entertain new ideas.

It was a nice place to work...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a nice place to work, good benefits and many career opportunities

ConsWith new CEO, things changed; layoff and projects cancelled. Also merging with Actavis; future is not clear...

had great opportunity for growth and innovation until new leadership decided to go into huge cost cutting mode

Accounting and Finance (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

Proslots of opportunity for growth

Consnew leadership is focused on shareholder value and not on the growth of the employees

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your talent and improve morale

A good company that FINISHED is best days!

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ (US)

ProsGreat people and interesting work. You could learn a lot about the industry while continuing your education.

ConsSome of the people should not have been in management. They truly made the environment TOXIC.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo management team should be allowed to LINGER for 10+ years unless the company is doing tremendously over the course of those years. When people do not leave a company someone must put them out or nothing will change.

Worked for Forest Labs? Contribute to the Community!