Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

www.fredloya.com

Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. Reviews

Updated 21 August 2014
Updated 21 August 2014

1.8

Fred Loya Jr

employees are not taken care of...

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

autonomy, self management, friendly local employees

Cons

low wages, only incentive to do good job is so you don't get written up

listen to the employees and assume that some of the employees know what they are doing

Great work experience learned but also bad experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Reasonable pay from going thru training then once u go to an office they go up and once your with the company and your office for a certain time you get paid depending how much your office sales so that mean u can go up to 10-15 an hour. You get to learn about insurance even if you've never had experience before.

Cons

Everything in the office is a competition from office to office and then even from your own co workers if you have co workers that like to play dirty you better watch out for your new policies. If you dont meet your sales for the month they drop your hourly pay for a month. So lets say you making 14per hr then u dont sale enough policies the following month you will go to 10per hr. And if you do work for them make sure everything they tell you or you tell them get it down on paper because they will stab you in the back in a sec not a min. Yoy can say crooks with their employees and customers.

Treat employees good so you can keep them for long periods of time oh no wait ya don't like that since once an employee meets their 5 yrs ya don't like to pay their promised benefit of $5000.

Demeaning employer, low wages, stressfull enviroment, no job security.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Other than they allow you to eat while at work and ask for burritos I don't find any pros.

Cons

Fred Loya insurance management consists of uneducated, unethical, and inexperienced individuals. Most of them don't even have an associates degree and are not aware of employee's rights. For example; if you get to work at the call center in El Paso management will make the employee clock out and stay until he or she ends up selling a policy. They won't pay you more than 38 hours per hour in order to not make themselves liable for full time employment benefits. There are several reports made to the workforce commission from current and former employees. There is also no career progression within the company. Will make employees hold an insurance agent license, but still won't pay more than $10/hour. Some of them will Eran a little bit more than those $10 and that will really depend on the relationship the employee has established with management (lots of favoritism within the company). I just used the company as a stepping stone, but will never plan in going back.

Go to school. Get some management skills. Stop harassing your employees, praise and reward employees for all their good work and for keeping up with the stressful quotas and stressful job. At the end you will see better results than by intimidating your employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was very professional. Yet stressful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

It helps you discover that you are able to multitask. The environment is so professional that when you go to another job they actually ask you to relax.

Cons

They have an opened schedule, and they take advantage of it. Fred will literally become your life. They are always changing procedure. They cannot sick to one thing.

Don't blame someone just because they made a mistake since every other week the company keep changing procedures.

A good place to start, but...

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative  in  San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Opportunity for a better paying job for younger individuals ( Hire between 18-23 )
    -Good starting point for a professional career
    -Hours fit most University schedules

Cons

-Urealistic goals and expectations
    -Unexpected pay cuts due to "errors"
    -Extremely difficult to move up within company unless you are in the manager's clique
    -Hiring preference to good-looking women or spanish speakers regardless of experience, attitude, or work ethic.

Due to conflicts with my school schedule I asked for my two weeks. Showed up to work the next day to find I was terminated that same night. Thanks to that I was not able to pay my bills. If you are going to resign make sure you have an immediate plan of action.

-Be more considerate towards your employees. Hiring young does not mean that we are minimum wage workers. We work hard for our licenses and maintaining great customer service. Your unusual guidelines upset customers, as well as the fact that they don't have many choices for removing unwanted coverages just so that you make more money.

They work you till you drop

Former Employee - Insurance Agent  in  East Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in East Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

They pay weekly and decent $12.00 an hour job for people who just started working in the insurance industry.

Cons

First they make stand up every time a client walks in and when they leave you have to say good bye or else you get suspended for a day without pay. Second they make you pass out flyers like a flyer boy when its slow. Third you watch a video of the CEO of the company and you have to love the company otherwise you can get written up. Don't believe me, work for them and find out.

You can work as an agent and get paid the same as a manager does here.

Don't waste your time here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Escondido, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Escondido, CA (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros working here

Cons

6 day work week. bad pay, dumb managers, bad product and dumb rules.

claims support agent

Current Employee - Claims Support Agent  in  El Paso, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Claims Support Agent in El Paso, TX (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

some discrimination for employes without relatives in the company, dont let you grow at least if your the boss friend or relative

Cons

to much preshure for the salary they offer

take care of the good employes not only becouse some are the supervisor friend discrimination for those arent will never grow if your manager friend dont like you

This company is just ridiculous. Stay away at all cost.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Don't expect a lot of perks working for this company. Only good thing going nowadays is a steady paycheck. We'll see how long that lasts.

Cons

Everything is wrong with this company starting with upper management. They love playing the blame game, always pointing fingers at everyone. Just fix the problem and make sure it doesn't happen again. Everyone in Texas is "superior" to all the employees in other states. If by "superior" they mean less educated and more ignorant. Promotions are hard to come by and if you get one... Be prepared to work 80 hour weeks as a salaried overtime exempt employee without sufficient compensation. Vacation time sucks for the first 5 years and 5 sick days only per year and you will need a doctor's note each day.

Better take care of your hard working and loyal employees. Otherwise there will be an exodus of good employees. You might be able to replace anyone but you might not be able to replace the quality of work.

Horrible!! Most unprofessional place I have ever experienced.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales  in  Escondido, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Sales in Escondido, CA (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Weekly Pay
    Paid Training
    Office was close to home

Cons

Very unprofessional.
    Unrealistic Goals
    6 day work week
    No overtime
    Incompetent management
    No respect for employee

I worked for Fred Loya for less than a year, they did not tell me that you are required to work 6 days straight until my second week of employment. You can only make more than $12/hr if all the CSR's in the office are meeting their goals also.They offer low coverage for high premium which makes it difficult to sell, Management is never around when you need them. Don't apply here, this is not a job that you can make into a career. No room for advancement.

Care more about your employees. Make the pay rate based off individual performance, not on a group.

Worked for Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!