Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc.

www.fredloya.com

Fred Loya Jr

Great Company to work for

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Paid training love management , very involved in the community. Provides great service and competitive rates for all budgets.

Cons

None that I can think of

The manager base pay should be more competitive in the larger cities in TX. The management base pay is the same across the state. To retain good management in the bigger cities, the pay has to be in line with the city.

Insurance Agent/CSR

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in San Antonio, TX (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stable hours and compensation. Always given a 35-39 hours every week. No hour cuts.

Cons

Hardly any room for advancement. No bonuses or commission.

Promote CSRs to assistant managers and give them a raise for doing so.

Horrible,do not work here they take advantage of you.Please.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in North Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing is really good about this company but the weekly checks of $300.

Cons

Training you get paid nine dollars,then you go up to ten when you get your license.Now depending on which office they put you in your pay "might" go up.I was put in a not so very good office,I have no a.c or restroom in my office.I refuse for anybody to have to work here.They claims that they pay out does effect your pay also.So say if one of your customers got into a claim,loya will pay the 15,000 and you won't bonus because they had to pay it out.Your loss ratio has to be 65% or you won't bonus,if you get errors like taking a blurry picture of a vin number that's an error and it effects your pay.The management sucks.Csrs do all of the work.The schedule sucks and the way the manager gives the schedule is so unprofessional.The manager will text you and tell you to come in at this time or this at this time.You never follow your schedule.They won't let you get overtime if you do your manger will get in trouble.You work every Saturday no days off at all until one year of employment.Your life is loya no time to yourself at all.Underwriting is horrible!!!!!

I just hope this company does better in the future.Thats all.

employees are not taken care of...

I have been working at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

autonomy, self management, friendly local employees

Cons

low wages, only incentive to do good job is so you don't get written up

listen to the employees and assume that some of the employees know what they are doing

Great work experience learned but also bad experience

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Reasonable pay from going thru training then once u go to an office they go up and once your with the company and your office for a certain time you get paid depending how much your office sales so that mean u can go up to 10-15 an hour. You get to learn about insurance even if you've never had experience before.

Cons

Everything in the office is a competition from office to office and then even from your own co workers if you have co workers that like to play dirty you better watch out for your new policies. If you dont meet your sales for the month they drop your hourly pay for a month. So lets say you making 14per hr then u dont sale enough policies the following month you will go to 10per hr. And if you do work for them make sure everything they tell you or you tell them get it down on paper because they will stab you in the back in a sec not a min. Yoy can say crooks with their employees and customers.

Treat employees good so you can keep them for long periods of time oh no wait ya don't like that since once an employee meets their 5 yrs ya don't like to pay their promised benefit of $5000.

Demeaning employer, low wages, stressfull enviroment, no job security.

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in El Paso, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in El Paso, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Other than they allow you to eat while at work and ask for burritos I don't find any pros.

Cons

Fred Loya insurance management consists of uneducated, unethical, and inexperienced individuals. Most of them don't even have an associates degree and are not aware of employee's rights. For example; if you get to work at the call center in El Paso management will make the employee clock out and stay until he or she ends up selling a policy. They won't pay you more than 38 hours per hour in order to not make themselves liable for full time employment benefits. There are several reports made to the workforce commission from current and former employees. There is also no career progression within the company. Will make employees hold an insurance agent license, but still won't pay more than $10/hour. Some of them will Eran a little bit more than those $10 and that will really depend on the relationship the employee has established with management (lots of favoritism within the company). I just used the company as a stepping stone, but will never plan in going back.

Go to school. Get some management skills. Stop harassing your employees, praise and reward employees for all their good work and for keeping up with the stressful quotas and stressful job. At the end you will see better results than by intimidating your employees.

It was very professional. Yet stressful.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It helps you discover that you are able to multitask. The environment is so professional that when you go to another job they actually ask you to relax.

Cons

They have an opened schedule, and they take advantage of it. Fred will literally become your life. They are always changing procedure. They cannot sick to one thing.

Don't blame someone just because they made a mistake since every other week the company keep changing procedures.

They work you till you drop

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in East Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in East Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They pay weekly and decent $12.00 an hour job for people who just started working in the insurance industry.

Cons

First they make stand up every time a client walks in and when they leave you have to say good bye or else you get suspended for a day without pay. Second they make you pass out flyers like a flyer boy when its slow. Third you watch a video of the CEO of the company and you have to love the company otherwise you can get written up. Don't believe me, work for them and find out.

You can work as an agent and get paid the same as a manager does here.

Don't waste your time here

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Escondido, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Escondido, CA (US)

Pros

There are no pros working here

Cons

6 day work week. bad pay, dumb managers, bad product and dumb rules.

A good place to start, but...

Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Fred Loya Insurance Agency, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Opportunity for a better paying job for younger individuals ( Hire between 18-23 )
    -Good starting point for a professional career
    -Hours fit most University schedules

Cons

-Urealistic goals and expectations
    -Unexpected pay cuts due to "errors"
    -Extremely difficult to move up within company unless you are in the manager's clique
    -Hiring preference to good-looking women or spanish speakers regardless of experience, attitude, or work ethic.

Due to conflicts with my school schedule I asked for my two weeks. Showed up to work the next day to find I was terminated that same night. Thanks to that I was not able to pay my bills. If you are going to resign make sure you have an immediate plan of action.

-Be more considerate towards your employees. Hiring young does not mean that we are minimum wage workers. We work hard for our licenses and maintaining great customer service. Your unusual guidelines upset customers, as well as the fact that they don't have many choices for removing unwanted coverages just so that you make more money.