Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros:
  • "Company also has very flexible hours and a nice work/life balance"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Fair work environment, interesting projects"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "There is no mentoring, no career path, no benefit to the long term career minded consultant"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The senior management tells their employees one thing, but their action is completely opposite"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Very rewarding ... if I were to state this in the vernacular, it would be like "hahanap-hanapin mo"

Senior SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee)
Makati City (Philippines)

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor for more than a year

ProsAll employees from all levels are friendly and camaraderie is perfect

ConsNone that I can think of

Advice to Senior ManagementIf it ain't broke, then don't fix it ... this goes as far as their management style is concerned and the way they treat their employees

Everybody I worked with from Memphis to Nashville wanted to do as little as possible and the customer is never right.

Field Engineer (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for less than a year

ProsYou will get the best technical training in the POS business. I have had a lot of training and theirs is very thorough. You leave with a sense of Competency. You will always have what you need to suceed, cause the managers monitor everything you do. They are report and numbers driven. You will always know where you stand, so stick to the rules!

ConsThey have too many people who are burned out because they are understaffed. Too much jeolousy among Engineers, only one or two guys I worked with really cared that I succeeded. Very low team participation, minimal and just enough to get by. Everybody feared they were going to downsized or loose pay, very depressing, so I quit after 4 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverybody feared they were going to be downsized or loose pay, very depressing. Senior Engineers talked negative about the company almost everyday, until you didn't want to be around the guys. They don't follow through on calls and lie about their whereabouts. I even tracked on Engineer who GPS who was supposed to be on call with me, and he was sitting at his house probably watching the Tennessee football game. He lied to me about where he was,so I quit after 6 months, when I was prepared to stay for good. Best job I had that got messed up cause guys were not truthful with me on processess of getting things done. You should put everybody on probation and make them reapply for their job. The field Engineers out there are ruining your reputation as a global company. You should hire another firm to Outsource the Nashville district to contractors who need to make a living.

Perfect business but top managament is chaos!

Business Consultant (Former Employee)
Augsburg, Bavaria (Germany)

I worked at Fujitsu as an intern for less than a year

ProsTechnology, Mid-level management, Employee benefits, Work-life balance, Culture, Business tactics.

ConsSenior management, Professional ethics, Employee career development opportunities, Recognization of right work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe entire senior management has to take a wake up call. There is a huge chance for positive evolution but for this to happen each and every stakeholder has to be involved with appropriate and very clear accountabilities.
Set a vision and drive the passion which I personally found missing in the top management.

Okaish

Technical Analyst (Former Employee)
Wellington (New Zealand)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time

ProsLearning new technologies. Learning and Devt

Consbad remuneration reviews and salary increases

Downsizing sucks!

Exchange Administrator (Former Employee)
Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for less than a year

ProsGood colleagues and free fruit on Mondays.

ConsEverything else including bad orientation.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees.

Fujitsu Manila GDC is one of the worst employers I've worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tagui (Philippines)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for less than a year

ProsThe only positive point I can think of - I no longer work with them.

ConsEmployee services - abysmal. All of HR from the R&F up to their management ignore the employees. They are only good when recruiting you but once they get you to accept the job offer you're on your own.
Payroll - you get deductions without any explanation. Don't bother asking for an explanation because they will ignore you.
Helpdesk - one of the worst. It takes weeks before they respond and tickets frequently get closed without any resolution. If they offer a solution to your technical problem, ignore it because they have no idea how to solve the problem.
Managers & team leaders - useless. They do nothing but walk around asking people - `everything okay?' - but unable to do anything when you have issues.
Performance evaluation system - an absolute joke. Don't ask your team leaders to explain the PE system to you because, very likely, they don't know. Pay increases - not even enough to cover inflation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice because I'm sure they won't listen anyway.

Stagnant company, future outlook is cloudy.

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Kawasaki, Kanagawa (Japan)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood company to join for young people with no job experience. Will be able to learn about business while working.

No layoffs in Japan, as you get older salary will increase unrelated to performance.

People are nice.

Good company if you want to under perform and but still do not get laid off.

ConsWork efficiency is horrible. Employees has low base pay so they perform unnecessary over times.
Very low salary compare to the market. Since there's no layoffs, some people does not contribute to the company but still get paid higher than the high performer since they are older.

The senior management tells their employees one thing, but their action is completely opposite.

Seniors decides everything. Not open to new ideas. Their reason is, because we been doing this process for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more innovation for products and ideas if you want to be competitive in the global market. Too many dead weights in the company.

FSA was a sold company 10+ years ago. But withered away.....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu

ProsNo current Pros. for a long time.

ConsCompany goes through layoff after layoff. From over 500+ down to about 60 in 10 years. No top level management support or business strategy, besides 'just sell'. Poor mid-level management employee support. No HR. Managers are free to manage employees any way they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust shut down.

good experience

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Jakarta (Indonesia)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

Prosnice people, good environment to develop

Consless support from tech team

Advice to Senior Managementmore aggresive

Great place to learn

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Kawasaki, Kanagawa (Japan)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- provide employees with great learning opportunities such as internal & external training, boot camp etc

Cons- seniors dominate everything.
- very little chances for the juniors in decision making
- long work hours
- not a friendly place for foreign employee

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fujitsu reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fujitsu CEO Masami Yamamoto. All 192 reviews are posted anonymously by Fujitsu employees.