Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros:
  • "You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed"
    in 17 reviews
  • "Fair work environment, interesting projects"
    in 11 reviews
Cons:
  • "Not clear pay scale, no clear career path"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor"
    in 4 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overwhelmingly positive

I have been working at Fujitsu

ProsOffered to work in Japan.
Payed flights and accommodation.
Friendly staff.

ConsWorking in Japan can be tough.

Not what you'd expect from a Global Company

SCO (Current Employee)

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople who work in my department are great and have a great out look on life.
Team works well under pressure and works well together

ConsNot organised at all, company doesn't have any skills for integrating new staff.
Training is not provided in most cases and on going assessments do not happen. In 4 years of working here myself and many others in our department have not had 121's.
Yearly objectives are often published in the 4thQ and are not SMART.
Pay is is not balanced, it is not based on skill or ability, you can all be doing the same role, but pay can be to £5000 difference between members of the same team.
Team members appraises are biased and not a true reflection on the work an employee has done, managers are excepting other peoples work as evidence that other people exceeded expectations!

This probably isn't how most of Fujitsu operates, but it is certainly how my department operates.

there are no career opportunities, there are plenty of positions posted but most have already been assigned to people and the posting of the opportunity is nothing more than going through the motions and paying lip service.

Work and Life balance?
Our Team has had people leave on long term sick and maternity, too which no additional staff were employed to cover these hours, so the remaining team had to do 1 in 1 out weekends and longer shifts in the week to cover the hours and the work load.
Currently we are still working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

Management
Office management:
 weak skill base no people skills and are just a waste of money we have more managers on our floor than we have staff and each of those managers have at least 2 team leaders.

If you want to reduce costs thats where you should start!

I wouldn't recommend as an employer to a friend as I would like to keep my friends

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be better organisation across the company, we certainly need to become more IT based after all we should practice what we preach.
Staff need to be motivated by targets that have company benefits as well as employee benefits, setting the bar too high results in a lack of motivation across employees.

Pay needs to reflect employees skills and attributes, not based on a line managers opinion.

UNIX Admin

UNIX Administrative (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

Prosno pressure. Flexible working. Secure

ConsDull. Low pay. No profession.

Not a bad company

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than a year

ProsFriendly work environment
Relaxed depending on contract
Opportunities for the lucky ones
Great for getting your foot in the IT industry

ConsSometimes management are unable to make decisions and issues are left in limbo.

Fujitsu is a very process heavy company and this can cause a great deal of issues. If a user is experiencing a problem, rather than straight up fixing an issue if there is very little to no impact the company will choose to insist on following process causing a delay to the user.

Pay is terrible compared to other companies. They do not offer a competitive salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your staff and give them a reason to want to stay within the company. I understand you need frontline staff to stay frontline, but give them a chance to take on a little more responsibility if they choose and ensure to reward them. Give them a chance to experience a feeling of self satisfaction at the end of the day.

Not the worse but not the best

Senior Installation Engineer and Commisioner (Former Employee)
Solihull, England

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsGood salaries
Left to complete your work
Varied tasks on each install

ConsComplete inept supervisors
Was once asked to drive from Llandudno to Skegnees to deliver a cable that was 3 meters long on a Saturday. Would have cost over ££250 in wages plus fuel. Put it in an envelope and posted guaranteed Next Day delivery for £6

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers, not the guys covering their own arses

Good on the whole but lacking direction towards the end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people, some good ideas but struggling to get out of their core market

ConsBig company culture and a very unfriendly approach to people

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the guys doing the work rather than the managers in between

Numbing

Solutions Architect (Former Employee)
Bracknell, England

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe sort of cradle to grave big company with good benefits that is not as common as is once was

Consstifling corporate culture, lots of dissembling and occasionally downright dishonesty.

Advice to Senior Managementfind out what the real value of initiatives are, not reports based on selective and manufactured criteria

Appalling Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat Company if you are one of the lucky few on the IIP program otherwise absolutely appalling organisation if you want to progress your career.

ConsOverall, renumeration was very poor (company very reluctant to re-imburse expenses), no training, no appraissals, totally dysfunctional work environment promoted by management. Very poor health & safety. Worse company I have ever encountered.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what integrity / honesty is and apply it. Implement a proper testing process to ascertain competencies / experience of staff and then equate to appropriate grade and renumeration. Weed out incompetent management and staff.

Not bad, not great either

Research Staff (Current Employee)
London, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood work/life balance, in-site cafeteria, very good health insurance scheme

ConsLow salaries, little or no training, the goalposts move with every "appraisal", career stagnation, no information whatsoever from upper management unless it is strictly necessary, it's a research organisation and yet we do not have access to journals

Advice to Senior ManagementGiven the working conditions you should do a better job at motivating employees and making the workplace a nicer place

Telecoms test engineer internship

Test Analyst (Former Employee)
Birmingham, England

I worked at Fujitsu as an intern for less than a year

ProsPlenty of freedom, developed some interesting test tools, and got exposure to commercial software development

ConsLocated in middle of nowhere, the business park is not an ideal place for an internship as you will need a car

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Fujitsu reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Fujitsu CEO Masami Yamamoto. All 194 reviews are posted anonymously by Fujitsu employees.