Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed(in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path(in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor(in 4 reviews)

OK-ish but it is time to change and adapt

Solutions Architect (Current Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsVery good hardware ranges
    Occasional technical training
    Good pension
    Amazing people

Cons-Lower than market rate salary
    -Unfair 1-2-1 performance reviews
    -Non-stop re-organisations
    -Management do wrong financial forecast at the beginning of the year then later realising it was unreal start cutting corners saying we are in lost. As a result all the budget gets slashed.
    -Whole performance review is based on peer feedbacks and managers are desperate to downgrade your performance because they have been told that exceptional performance is unrealistic thing to obtain. If you have say 10 team objectives and a particular piece of work can only satisfy 7 of them you will be forced to take it, but then at the end of the year you will be blamed on performance review for not meeting the remaining 3 items. This is unfair because it is not employee's fault that he/she was not given a proper work. By other word if you are CSA3 and doing CSA2 piece of work due to absence of CSA3 related work then even if you do it exceptionally you will not be able to obtain exceptional performance. Moreover the whole performance review process is uncontrolled and manager chose not to honour any high mark to employees because they do not want to be grilled by backing them up later in front of their managers. Although there are procedure to follow nobody follow them.
    -There are no or a very few company provided labs for architects to build their solutions which leads to multiple rework/project failures
    -Instead of saying "follow/stick to the procedures" managers says "cover your back".
    -You are just a body/number for your management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your brilliant people.

I had a great time working in the Data Migration team.

Data Analyst (Former Employee) Birmingham, England

ProsA great mix of different people from various backgrounds, the management was good and there was a chance of progression to different functions of the Fujitsu business.

ConsThere was limited chance to do overtime, the management was on occasion a bit lenient with staff that were causing distraction and no company bus to take you to the offices from the airport.

Not what you'd expect from a Global Company

SCO (Current Employee)

ProsPeople who work in my department are great and have a great out look on life.
    Team works well under pressure and works well together

ConsNot organised at all, company doesn't have any skills for integrating new staff.
    Training is not provided in most cases and on going assessments do not happen. In 4 years of working here myself and many others in our department have not had 121's.
    Yearly objectives are often published in the 4thQ and are not SMART.
    Pay is is not balanced, it is not based on skill or ability, you can all be doing the same role, but pay can be to £5000 difference between members of the same team.
    Team members appraises are biased and not a true reflection on the work an employee has done, managers are excepting other peoples work as evidence that other people exceeded expectations!

This probably isn't how most of Fujitsu operates, but it is certainly how my department operates.

there are no career opportunities, there are plenty of positions posted but most have already been assigned to people and the posting of the opportunity is nothing more than going through the motions and paying lip service.

Work and Life balance?
    Our Team has had people leave on long term sick and maternity, too which no additional staff were employed to cover these hours, so the remaining team had to do 1 in 1 out weekends and longer shifts in the week to cover the hours and the work load.
    Currently we are still working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

Management
    Office management:
     weak skill base no people skills and are just a waste of money we have more managers on our floor than we have staff and each of those managers have at least 2 team leaders.

If you want to reduce costs thats where you should start!

I wouldn't recommend as an employer to a friend as I would like to keep my friends

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be better organisation across the company, we certainly need to become more IT based after all we should practice what we preach.
    Staff need to be motivated by targets that have company benefits as well as employee benefits, setting the bar too high results in a lack of motivation across employees.

Pay needs to reflect employees skills and attributes, not based on a line managers opinion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overwhelmingly positive

ProsOffered to work in Japan.
    Payed flights and accommodation.
    Friendly staff.

ConsWorking in Japan can be tough.

UNIX Admin

Unix Administrative (Current Employee) London, England

Prosno pressure. Flexible working. Secure

ConsDull. Low pay. No profession.

Not a bad company

ProsFriendly work environment
    Relaxed depending on contract
    Opportunities for the lucky ones
    Great for getting your foot in the IT industry

ConsSometimes management are unable to make decisions and issues are left in limbo.

Fujitsu is a very process heavy company and this can cause a great deal of issues. If a user is experiencing a problem, rather than straight up fixing an issue if there is very little to no impact the company will choose to insist on following process causing a delay to the user.

Pay is terrible compared to other companies. They do not offer a competitive salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your staff and give them a reason to want to stay within the company. I understand you need frontline staff to stay frontline, but give them a chance to take on a little more responsibility if they choose and ensure to reward them. Give them a chance to experience a feeling of self satisfaction at the end of the day.

Not the worse but not the best

Senior Installation Engineer and Commisioner (Former Employee) Solihull, England

ProsGood salaries
    Left to complete your work
    Varied tasks on each install

ConsComplete inept supervisors
    Was once asked to drive from Llandudno to Skegnees to deliver a cable that was 3 meters long on a Saturday. Would have cost over ££250 in wages plus fuel. Put it in an envelope and posted guaranteed Next Day delivery for £6

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workers, not the guys covering their own arses

Good on the whole but lacking direction towards the end

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people, some good ideas but struggling to get out of their core market

ConsBig company culture and a very unfriendly approach to people

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the guys doing the work rather than the managers in between

Numbing

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Bracknell, England

ProsThe sort of cradle to grave big company with good benefits that is not as common as is once was

Consstifling corporate culture, lots of dissembling and occasionally downright dishonesty.

Advice to Senior Managementfind out what the real value of initiatives are, not reports based on selective and manufactured criteria

Appalling Company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company if you are one of the lucky few on the IIP program otherwise absolutely appalling organisation if you want to progress your career.

ConsOverall, renumeration was very poor (company very reluctant to re-imburse expenses), no training, no appraissals, totally dysfunctional work environment promoted by management. Very poor health & safety. Worse company I have ever encountered.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn what integrity / honesty is and apply it. Implement a proper testing process to ascertain competencies / experience of staff and then equate to appropriate grade and renumeration. Weed out incompetent management and staff.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!