Fujitsu Reviews

Updated 22 October 2014
3.1

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto
Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 22 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company but has room for improvement

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Architect in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Architect in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Various opportunities to work on large/interesting projects and willing to give responsibility to graduates
    -Willing to listen to ideas and provide opportunities for innovation
    -Reasonable/good salary

Cons

-Not much community and lots of time spent being on the bench between projects
    -Lack of recognition for success
    -Very hard to move roles

Recognize employees for their success and utilize resources better!

Company with opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Ability to change career paths
    Training is a focus of management

Cons

Wide variance in salaries for the same grades

Good Company

Former Employee - Solution Architect
    Former Employee - Solution Architect

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people & work life balance

Cons

Need to be more agile & aggressive

very good

Former Employee - Technical Support in Bolton, England
    Former Employee - Technical Support in Bolton, England

I worked at Fujitsu full-time (less than an year)

Pros

managers very helpful, good working hours, flexable working,

Cons

salary lower due to working through agency, offered job with progression oppertunities but never got them so i left as salary wasnt going to rise as quickly as promissed

dont promise things you cant offer

I had a great time working in the Data Migration team.

Former Employee - Data Analyst in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Birmingham, England

I worked at Fujitsu as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

A great mix of different people from various backgrounds, the management was good and there was a chance of progression to different functions of the Fujitsu business.

Cons

There was limited chance to do overtime, the management was on occasion a bit lenient with staff that were causing distraction and no company bus to take you to the offices from the airport.

OK-ish but it is time to change and adapt

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Bracknell, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very good hardware ranges
    Occasional technical training
    Good pension
    Amazing people

Cons

-Lower than market rate salary
    -Unfair 1-2-1 performance reviews
    -Non-stop re-organisations
    -Management do wrong financial forecast at the beginning of the year then later realising it was unreal start cutting corners saying we are in lost. As a result all the budget gets slashed.
    -Whole performance review is based on peer feedbacks and managers are desperate to downgrade your performance because they have been told that exceptional performance is unrealistic thing to obtain. If you have say 10 team objectives and a particular piece of work can only satisfy 7 of them you will be forced to take it, but then at the end of the year you will be blamed on performance review for not meeting the remaining 3 items. This is unfair because it is not employee's fault that he/she was not given a proper work. By other word if you are CSA3 and doing CSA2 piece of work due to absence of CSA3 related work then even if you do it exceptionally you will not be able to obtain exceptional performance. Moreover the whole performance review process is uncontrolled and manager chose not to honour any high mark to employees because they do not want to be grilled by backing them up later in front of their managers. Although there are procedure to follow nobody follow them.
    -There are no or a very few company provided labs for architects to build their solutions which leads to multiple rework/project failures
    -Instead of saying "follow/stick to the procedures" managers says "cover your back".
    -You are just a body/number for your management

Listen to your brilliant people.

Not what you'd expect from a Global Company

Current Employee - SCO
    Current Employee - SCO

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People who work in my department are great and have a great out look on life.
    Team works well under pressure and works well together

Cons

Not organised at all, company doesn't have any skills for integrating new staff.
    Training is not provided in most cases and on going assessments do not happen. In 4 years of working here myself and many others in our department have not had 121's.
    Yearly objectives are often published in the 4thQ and are not SMART.
    Pay is is not balanced, it is not based on skill or ability, you can all be doing the same role, but pay can be to £5000 difference between members of the same team.
    Team members appraises are biased and not a true reflection on the work an employee has done, managers are excepting other peoples work as evidence that other people exceeded expectations!

This probably isn't how most of Fujitsu operates, but it is certainly how my department operates.

there are no career opportunities, there are plenty of positions posted but most have already been assigned to people and the posting of the opportunity is nothing more than going through the motions and paying lip service.

Work and Life balance?
    Our Team has had people leave on long term sick and maternity, too which no additional staff were employed to cover these hours, so the remaining team had to do 1 in 1 out weekends and longer shifts in the week to cover the hours and the work load.
    Currently we are still working every other weekend on 12 hour shifts.

Management
    Office management:
     weak skill base no people skills and are just a waste of money we have more managers on our floor than we have staff and each of those managers have at least 2 team leaders.

If you want to reduce costs thats where you should start!

I wouldn't recommend as an employer to a friend as I would like to keep my friends

There needs to be better organisation across the company, we certainly need to become more IT based after all we should practice what we preach.
    Staff need to be motivated by targets that have company benefits as well as employee benefits, setting the bar too high results in a lack of motivation across employees.

Pay needs to reflect employees skills and attributes, not based on a line managers opinion.

Overwhelmingly positive

I have been working at Fujitsu

Pros

Offered to work in Japan.
    Payed flights and accommodation.
    Friendly staff.

Cons

Working in Japan can be tough.

UNIX Admin

Current Employee - Unix Administrative in London, England
    Current Employee - Unix Administrative in London, England

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than an year)

Pros

no pressure. Flexible working. Secure

Cons

Dull. Low pay. No profession.

Not a bad company

I have been working at Fujitsu full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly work environment
    Relaxed depending on contract
    Opportunities for the lucky ones
    Great for getting your foot in the IT industry

Cons

Sometimes management are unable to make decisions and issues are left in limbo.

Fujitsu is a very process heavy company and this can cause a great deal of issues. If a user is experiencing a problem, rather than straight up fixing an issue if there is very little to no impact the company will choose to insist on following process causing a delay to the user.

Pay is terrible compared to other companies. They do not offer a competitive salary.

Develop your staff and give them a reason to want to stay within the company. I understand you need frontline staff to stay frontline, but give them a chance to take on a little more responsibility if they choose and ensure to reward them. Give them a chance to experience a feeling of self satisfaction at the end of the day.

Fujitsu Photos

Shiodome City Center, where the Fujitsu headquarter offices are located, in Tokyo (Photo attributed to Lombroso - )
Free Coffee