Fujitsu

Fujitsu Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Fujitsu President Masami Yamamoto

Masami Yamamoto

Pros
  • You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed (in 18 reviews)

• Fair work environment, interesting projects (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Not clear pay scale, no clear career path (in 7 reviews)

• The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Area Engineer

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsYou are your own boss at times, & you have a nice easy days works but not productive so you can start to tune out & do the job on auto pilot.

ConsLittle understanding of where they want to go & have fallen off the pace of cutting edge tech & need to get a grip. Looks like they are stuck in the stone ages.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop try to shoot to the stars without putting in the hard graft & hard work to get there. Look like they are just trying to jump on the bandwagon of SAAS & IAAS.

Great to work for

SAP Consultant (Current Employee) Noida (India)

Prosattractive salary
    tranings

Consbit lack of progress
    lack of new work
    politics

Business was not stable enough to keep staff

Customer Service Engineer (Former Employee) Portland, ME (US)

ProsVaried experiences, something new every day. With the wide range of customers you could find yourself working on a large base of technology both new and old.

ConsLow Compensation, Quick to change staffing levels as customer base was not solid. There wasn't much communication on what the company was doing except communication with your direct supervisor.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on maintaining staff levels to avoid layoffs/turnover

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get Real

Project Manager (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsWhen you are on a client facing project and your are performing well, they are a great company to work for. The project are fun and the non-management people are great to work with on any project.

ConsThey will pay you for every hour worked as long as it is not more than 40 hours a week. If you are a contractor for them, then you get paid for every hour worked. This was a failed management trick to save money and screw the employee!

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to treat your valued employees in all areas of the business like you do you contractors.

No Clear vision -IMS DBA services

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Noida (India)

ProsFlexible, ok type work environment, unlike other MNC's did not see any layoff even if you are on bench for long time,Brand name, attractive salary package for lateral hiring

Conswent from bad to worse when I joined...Full of politics ,incompetent mid level managers, not much projects as per database side, even getting a project of 1-2 FT resource is a great achievement for them..can you believe this. .....lucky if you get project matching your skill or else they may push you to some other project which is not part of your skillset..good only for boot lickers...From 3000 employess..it has reduced to 2100..in 3 years....Lot of management changes both in India GDC and in international business....very few onsites...only for 2-3 weeks...no career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement at international level open your eyes/ears ..Don't rate india GDC only as revenue center...need to invest and give direction to India GDC management...else this company wont grow if you are looking for long term profits..

Staff are extremely nice and innovation is encouraged. A pleasure to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsCollaborative and friendly working environment. There are no big ego's, all staff from intern to director level engage with each other and share ideas. Internal applications are encouraged for open positions. Good career growth opportunities

ConsAs with any globally known company, Fujitsu has a reputation to uphold so it can be difficult to get traction for an idea if there is any perceived risk that could damage that rep. Internally, there's a lot of red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. A new management team has been installed at my location and so far they have performed extremely well.

Great company to work for

Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee)

Prospeacful environment, no politics, Management are flexible

Consno cons to report x

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Upper Management Does not Care for the well being of Dallas employees

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsThe pay is good and the building was recently updated. The parking is good and the location is good for someone looking in the North Dallas area.

ConsUpper management does not care if someone decides to leave the company. The turnover is very high and work life balance is very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a decision on what the plans are for the Dallas Waterview location.

Company with no integrity

Manager (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsIf you don't like challenge ; business is bad so work is less. You will have a work life balance, but work is sucky and you come home depressed.

ConsDoesn't pay commission on time, appoints wrong people to management, retrenches employees who actually do work but keep employees that do nothing and play politics

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourself. And get serious about listening to your employees. Listen to the real people who do the real job.

Senior Marketing Manger Strategic Planning Office

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsThis division has since changed its name to Fujitsu Frontech North America. The best reasons to work here are the benefits.

ConsThis division has struggled for years creating POS systems and solutions that are not distinguishable from the competition. Management lacks real experience in the North American Market.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire management team with US Retail experience. Current management is very lacking in this area and it shows throughout the company.

Worked for Fujitsu? Contribute to the Community!